recently serious accident...
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on recently serious accident... within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I'm glad i'm prepper! I have medical supplies keep in my van. Normally store sell medical supplies for vehicle does not cover for my serious ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: recently serious accident...

I'm glad i'm prepper! I have medical supplies keep in my van. Normally store sell medical supplies for vehicle does not cover for my serious injuries. Many my friend always laugh at me for have all those supplies in my van. Until last Friday Sept 23. We (friend and I) went out camping in national park. We wandering into forest and surprised we found a cave. Friend wanted exploring into cave. Cave is about 12 feet above ground. We had to climb to get in cave. We agree to stay in cave for a night. It was very spacey in there. We was able to set up fire camp at entrance of cave. We set down sleep bag without bother set up tent inside cave. We have blast time til Saturday, I was come out cave for nature call. Nobody of us want smell stink inside cave. It was rain outside. Entrance is too wet and slippy. I slip and fall all way down to ground. My bone stick though my fore-arm. I was bleeding so bad. My Van is only 15 min away. When My friend saw me slipped and he rushed out cave and tried 9-1-1. There's no bar signal out there. They was panic, They have no idea what to do.

It was extreme painful. But I was able to tell them "Run to my van, grab red bag out my van, it's medical supplies"
    One of friend, she says "walmart first aids wont help!" (she have walmart first aids she assure i have same kits)
    I told her "Remember all you laugh at me about I told you guys about all EMS supplies. It's in my red bag, Go and Get it!"

Two friend of mine ran out and One came back with my red bag then one of friend told me "Eric is calling ambulance and they says they will take 30 to 45 min to get their ass over here. He's wait there for them come." I was able to explain friend what to. I told them take trauma bandage out, open it then gave it to me. they was panic their hand was shaking. I told them to calm down. and open it. They was very panic and shaking they even asked me "are you sure it's right supplies to use?" blah blah I told them first thing to do is stop bleeding. This trauma bandage will do the job. Then split my arm to keep straight. I have all stuff in supplies bag. They still shaking and they seen shocked. It forced me go into extreme pain by doing them all myself. wrapping myself with trauma bandage dressing and splint with SAM Rolled Splint. Then use Sensi-Wrap Self Adherent to wrap all over SAM Rolled Splint to hold it place. My Goal was to stop bleed, Place my arm in straight til EMS team arrive. It was take little awhile to get used to pain. I was able to walk back to van slowly with 3 friend who was with me all time til I reach my van and sitting in rear of van wait for ambulance to arrive. Turn out it was not 45 min it's 1 hour and half. When they arrived. They says "Wow not bad for novice" They also says those trauma bandage saving my life and its smart to have SAM Rolled Splint.

Now all my friend shut up about all supplies I kept in my van. Also now they asking me where to get them. They wanted to have some of those keep in their car :p

Here where I got all supplies. I'm glad I grab them just in case...

SAM Rolled Splint
    Sensi-Wrap Self Adherent

After Hospital, This is result:
    Denton, inceptor, Camel923 and 4 others like this.

Super Moderator

Glad you are alive! Also, glad you prep!
    Deaf3279 likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Good post Deaf ...... but I gotta ask so I get your gender right. You wearing a skirt in that pic?
    Deaf3279 likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Good post Deaf ...... but I gotta ask so I get your gender right. You wearing a skirt in that pic?
    lol basketball short :p
    A Watchman and Slippy like this.

Nice job to have the supplies you needed . All you need to do is to teach your friends how to use them and calm down some . Happy to see everything worked out for you . Restock medical supplies .
    Deaf3279 likes this.
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

I have 3 med kits
    1 general large tackle box outfitted well
    1 Trauma
    1 in go Bag
    Deaf3279 and CGjennifer like this.
    Announcing Our New web-site 100% CBD products
    Hidden Content

Outstanding job at being prepared. Godspeed on your recovery. Thanks for sharing.
    Deaf3279 likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

@Deaf3279 ,
    WOW, a compound fracture is nothing to take lightly and I'm amazed you kept your cool! Glad you are OK and great job being prepared. Don't be a stranger and welcome back,
    Deaf3279 likes this.

Super Moderator

Scary story!! Glad you are ok!!
    I wonder if your friends are on board with a little prepping now?! lol
    Deaf3279 likes this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

Looks like you got the last laugh this time,great job!
    Deaf3279 likes this.
    We have a four box system,the soap box,the ballet box,the jury box and the cartridge box!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links