recently serious accident... - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

recently serious accident...

This is a discussion on recently serious accident... within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; sounds like a good microphone drop........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: recently serious accident...

sounds like a good microphone drop.....
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

I would imagine sign language is a bit difficult with a busted wing....
    Deaf3279, Slippy and SGG like this.
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by ND_ponyexpress_ View Post
    I would imagine sign language is a bit difficult with a busted wing....
    Yeah It's very hard. I only have one arm still work. Also I'm glad they know sign language too. If they don't I probably will have hard time to talk with them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    Scary story!! Glad you are ok!!
    I wonder if your friends are on board with a little prepping now?! lol
    Not very preppng as I do. But they starting asking me tons question what to get and why do i have them. then says "I don't think i even need them" pfft It's not about need them, It's about prepare in case worst happens. I even have big bag kept in house will use as lifeboat. It inflation by foot pump. I live in this area whole my life time. There never flood around here. But It only happen once about 5 year ago. sewer backup and flood my area up to 1 foot around my house. It happens rarely. Who know it could happen again. Or this time dam failure. There's two nearby. Friends says they're 10 mile away and up north in downtown. I told them "I don't care. If dam fail and burst water rushing. Water flowing south. I never see them flowing north. I know I live in high ground. But still I don't care, Never know what will happen" I even remind them about 5 year ago sewer backup. It happen once in our lifetime.

So they're not really prepping. They just thinks "will I need it? Nah! Move on to next item i have in my emergency supplies storage" I told them many time "It's not about needs. It's about preparing for worst. Even something unheard happens could have happen"

This Boat I have kept in supplies - https://www.amazon.com/Intex-Mariner...ords=life+raft
    Last edited by Deaf3279; 10-01-2016 at 09:23 AM.
    A Watchman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddcaliber View Post
    Looks like you got the last laugh this time,great job!

Hahahaha!!! Lol

Nice work and teach your friends!
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

I got a day pack that is fully outfitted and have done so for a couple of decades now. I thought it was a bit over kill at first. But as a military guy who frequently had to drive long distances for schools as I dont like to fly and going home on leave, I dont think I ever once made a long trip (more than a couple 100 miles) that I didnt have to pull over at the scene of a accident and patch someone up while waiting for EMT's to arrive and take over. Never fails to be a semi or two that got into a head on between Phoenix and El Paso. In fact last year I had to use it on a red light runner that got themselves T-Boned in the driver side door at about 11 pm on a lightly travelled country road!!! So there are more than a few folks out there that dont think its over kill and neither do I now. Its been used enough to more than pay for itself and there are a few people alive to day that probably wouldnt have made it were it not for my bag.

Its a pretty simple bag with very little trick stuff in it. Im not a Doctor but in the Military I have had to play one a few times. Most of the stuff in it came from First Aid kits discarded annually from School Buses by the district here. The most complicated piece of gear is a stethascope (sp?) and Blood Pressure device. My bag is pretty much what Corpsman generally carry around the ship when in GQ to patch you up until you can be medivaced. My first aid training is a little more advanced that what Red Cross issues generally but nothing really technical in nature. knowing what to do and being cool as a cucumber when everyone around you is freaking is the most important aspect of it.

To the OP....Glad you had it, Glad you knew how to use it and could remain calm enough to use it and have a story with a happy ending!!!
    Slippy likes this.

Praise the Lord for pulling you through! We dont do much cave camping or other spelunking these days but it would be handy to have some good med supplies for when old folks fall off the potty chair and such things..or a bad old car wreck or..maybe getting gut shot at the Sports Grill. Think I will task the Little Bride of assembling us a professional kit. Thanks for the good suggestion about that.
    Slippy likes this.

Heal quick and get some new friends
    Strive to Survive and Thrive
    Hidden Content

Hey guys, My friend send me copy of picture that he took before my stupid accident. Stand on ground snap picture above up... maybe 12 ft maybe more.

Slippy, acidMia and bigwheel like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links