First Aid/CPR Classes
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

First Aid/CPR Classes

This is a discussion on First Aid/CPR Classes within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I am looking to enroll in a first aid/CPR class to Better increase my education on this topic. I was Certified in both of these ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: First Aid/CPR Classes

First Aid/CPR Classes

I am looking to enroll in a first aid/CPR class to
    Better increase my education on this topic. I was Certified in both of these areas when I was 16 however I no longer remember anything I had once known.

The Red Cross offers online classes with an I person instructor portion after the online is completed . Has anyone taken this format of learning from Red Cross? Are there any better classes to take ?

I'm blessed to be just 4 blocks from the local FD and they have no issues with me tagging along during their classes. Free classes, free certification.
    A Watchman and Slippy like this.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

I fail to see how you get the hands on part on an on-line class?
    and I have no idea what an I person instructor is?
    I guess it is better to learn something than noting.
    oops

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Retired Moderator

I would not recommend the online training. It is worth 4 or 5 hours to do a hands on class.
    Boss Dog, acidMia and Slippy like this.
    Hidden Content
    Remain calm, All is well

I get Red Cross training every year at work.
    Contact the Red Cross to see where they will be holding a class in your area. I'm sure they wouldn't mind your attending if they have room and the hosting client doesn't object. There should be plenty of opportunities.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    I'm blessed to be just 4 blocks from the local FD and they have no issues with me tagging along during their classes. Free classes, free certification.
    I checked out your UTube page. Well done.
    Prepared One likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Best bet is to hook up with your local FD/PD, they typically give free courses

Red Cross also does on-site training, you can look that up as aforementioned and try to tag along.

You can also, as an unreliable and sketchy 3rd option, go to one of those "Tactical" schools with some meatball who has only ever done a BCLS course in Basic try to TQ your jugular.

Hands on is the whole point of this, online training won't do too well for any real world applicability beyond an employer's employment criteria
    Slippy likes this.

Go down to the FD and ask them for help in getting training . I did and they helped me out big time , for free , I am even certified .
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

I recommend sticking with the Red Cross for first aid/CPR. I receive free training every year through my work. A few years back they switched from Red Cross to Heartsaver First Aid and CPR based on the American Heart Association recommendations. While there are parts of the AHA I like better, the Red Cross training was more hands on and definitely more useful.

The trainers make a huge difference too. Back when we were still doing the Red Cross training, they often sent one of their own home office representatives to do the training, and he just wasn't that good. One time when the home office had a scheduling conflict they recommended the trainer with the local FD and he was excellent, I felt more confident after his training than with anyone else I've been trained by. Find someone who actually has to do the stuff for a living, rather than someone just trained in how it should be done, it will make all the difference.

Super Moderator

I found a group on the site meet up that offered the class for $10. Plus I'm required to take the class yearly for work but that one is free.

Be warned if you check out meet up. Use a fake email because they'll never stop sending you stuff.

Sent from a Galaxy S5 far far away.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links