First Aid/CPR Classes - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

First Aid/CPR Classes

This is a discussion on First Aid/CPR Classes within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Better yet, spearhead an effort and set something up yourself and invite others to attend....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: First Aid/CPR Classes

Better yet, spearhead an effort and set something up yourself and invite others to attend.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

West Side of the Lower Pennisula of Michigan
    If you have the opportunity I would recommend an American Heart Association (AHA) CPR class over a Red Cross class. The AHA is the body that actually researches what makes CPR effective or not. Every 5 years they update their recommendations bases on clinical trials. The Red Cross to my knowledge does not do this. Not to say that a Red Cross class isn't good, it's that I feel that an AHA class has more meat behind it as to the why of what they're teaching you. Of course any class is only as good as it's instructor. Many local ambulance companies will host citizen CPR/AED First Aid classes. The Fire Department may as well. Check your local area.

Really here's the thing when it comes to CPR. If you see someone down on the ground and you think they're having a medical emergency don't hesitate to call 911 or direct someone to do so. Depending on where you are it could take anywhere from 4-20 minutes for an ambulance to show up on scene and EMT's or Paramedic's to start doing their thing. If it takes that long to start CPR there's a very good chance that the person is going to die. However if you call 911 right away, start chest compressions right away and don't stop doing chest compressions until relieved by First Responders (EMS, FD, or PD) the odds of that person surviving go up dramatically. They go up even more if you get and use an AED. Don't be intimidated by an AED. They are specifically designed to be idiot proof. You CAN'T shock someone unless it's needed, the things won't let you. All you have to do is follow the voice prompts. Anyone regardless of if they have a CPR card or not can do these things and they are the only things that have been proven to increase survival rates in cardiac arrest patients.

By all means get training, get certified, carry a first aid kit with you. it could be the difference between life and death.
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

Awesome!! Thanks everyone for their input. I will contact the local FD/PD to see what they have available.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I am certified and keep current. I find it interesting that the flip flop on whether mouth to mouth resuscitation is recommended continues by the certifiers of the "updated programs."
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links