Preaching to the choir
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Preaching to the choir

This is a discussion on Preaching to the choir within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; It's so important to be ready. All the time, no matter what. Example: I NEVER go anyway without my one way mask, gloves, and a ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Preaching to the choir

Preaching to the choir

It's so important to be ready. All the time, no matter what. Example: I NEVER go anyway without my one way mask, gloves, and a flashlight. I don't usually use anything but the light, and so the mask and gloves are a drag sometimes,and I consider leaving them behind. But tonight I was glad I had everything.
    As I was leaving my woman's sisters apartment, we found a lady passed out, half in the parking lot and half on the side walk. People walking by ignoring her, and honestly it crossed my mind to just go. But I couldn't. I gloved up went over to check her out; unresponsive, slow wet breathing, weak pulse, dilated pupils, and a syringe in her arm.
    My being there when I was is what made the difference really, but my training made the difference for me, between acting or not, and having the fear that my training requires, sealed it.
    Anyway the ambulance came, she lived, I was late for work.
    Be there, be ready.
    acidMia likes this.

Retired Moderator

A reminder is always a good thing.

Thanks for helping her.
    Hidden Content
    Remain calm, All is well

Quote Originally Posted by jim-henscheli View Post
    It's so important to be ready. All the time, no matter what. Example: I NEVER go anyway without my one way mask, gloves, and a flashlight. I don't usually use anything but the light, and so the mask and gloves are a drag sometimes,and I consider leaving them behind. But tonight I was glad I had everything.
    As I was leaving my woman's sisters apartment, we found a lady passed out, half in the parking lot and half on the side walk. People walking by ignoring her, and honestly it crossed my mind to just go. But I couldn't. I gloved up went over to check her out; unresponsive, slow wet breathing, weak pulse, dilated pupils, and a syringe in her arm.
    My being there when I was is what made the difference really, but my training made the difference for me, between acting or not, and having the fear that my training requires, sealed it.
    Anyway the ambulance came, she lived, I was late for work.
    Be there, be ready.
    Heroin?
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I assume heroin, but I don't know. Apparently there is a problem here with processed pain killers sold as heroin. So, it could be anything. But she presented like a smack OD

I am very happy you were there , you saved her life .
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

don't care if I had a mask made from steel and wearing a full bio-suit - wouldn't be messing with any junkie .... period

they made a choice to live a life of self destruction - so be it
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 08-21-2016 at 08:56 AM.
    SGG likes this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Some people have morals.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    don't care if I had a mask made from steel and wearing a full bio-suit - wouldn't be messing with any junkie .... period

they made a choice to live a life of self destruction - so be it
    Sounds like his morals are in check. Why risk you and your loved ones for a junkie who doesn't respect her own life much less yours.

Because addictions suck. If it were your kid you would want somebody to help him or her out and if your a Christian....
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

And if you read the first post you would of read that he put on gloves. So what risk was there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links