Burns 101 - Page 8
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Burns 101

This is a discussion on Burns 101 within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Operator6 I've used Silvadene cream with great success for burns. It's a prescription so talk to your Dr about it. This stuff ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Burns 101

Quote Originally Posted by Operator6 View Post
    I've used Silvadene cream with great success for burns. It's a prescription so talk to your Dr about it.
    This stuff is great!
    My now departed brother had burns over half his chest and neck from an exploding radiator that was filled with radiator cleaner.
    With his luck, it was the middle of summer and he had no shirt on.
    I was sitting at the kitchen table when he came running in screaming he was burned,
    I said where, he said, "here!" then proceeded to peel off a huge sheet of skin, I almost threw up as I peeled it off my face where he cast it.
    How? he told me, put him right into the cold water of the shower in the tub.
    Wrapped him in a wet white sheet and off to the ER.
    The doctors peeled about 12x12 inch square total of strips of skin off his thighs to graft on to his chest.
    About a week later they let him out of the hospital.
    We were given a pint jar, one of many, of the Silvadene to apply to his body.
    We applied it with a one inch paint brush.
    The stuff worked great, no infection set in and he healed quickly.
    This event occurred in 1973 while living in the big city as a family, mom pop and two brothers in my house, a 15 room Victorian.

Have a couple smaller prescription jars in my stash, expensive stuff, silver sulfadiazine, other brother wrote script for it for me.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 06-09-2016 at 06:15 AM.
    Denton likes this.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Sponsored Links