Animal Antibiotics for People - Page 3

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Animal Antibiotics for People

This is a discussion on Animal Antibiotics for People within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Joe Smith Well I had a hacking cough and felt like bronchitis coming on. Took the dog's antibiotics, wife used to be ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Animal Antibiotics for People

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smith View Post
    Well I had a hacking cough and felt like bronchitis coming on. Took the dog's antibiotics, wife used to be a pharmacy tech, can't tell you what type but it worked good. This is what I call a little known provision of the "Affordable Care Act".

It's cheaper to go see the vet. WOOF WOOF
    Well not so much

I had a root canal done last year, and the doc gave me prescription for a 10 day dose of 500mg amoxicillin and it cost me $4

So the "fish" antibiotics are about twice the cost of the prescribed meds, but at least you can get them.

at twice the cost.
    NRA Patron Member
    Platoon Sergent M1 Tank Company (retired)
    Montana sucks, tell your friends

hag

I know a guy who would put a thimble full of tylan 200 in his coffee in the morning if he was sick or had a hangover lol
    We don't rent pigs

None

I agree that if you've got the time and it's serious enough for a doctor prescribed antibiotics are by far the best choice... the professionally chosen, insurance paid meds are almost always the best choice. And without SHTF we should always use the Doc. In my opinion "animal antibiotics" are strictly for emergencies but on this site most of us are willing o pay a bit extra for long term storage meds "just in case".

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

None

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    I know a guy who would put a thimble full of tylan 200 in his coffee in the morning if he was sick or had a hangover lol
    I thought Tylan 200 was for injection only; guess it can also be mixed with coffee.
    hag likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    I have ordered from this company Free Shipping on Fish Antibiotics- Fish Mox, Fish Flex, & More! in the past and was satisfied with their products.
    I appreciate the link. I have used this company in the past, but had forgotten about them. It was a good reminder for me to order some more antibiotics and just did.

A couple fairly decent deals at the present time. I have used products from this supplier and can attest that they are quality. Last time I used some was 2 years past expiration, but still worked just fine. I store all of my antibiotics in the freezer so may have helped.

Fish Antibiotics Packages - Be Prepared For Sick Fish & Get Free Shipping
    Denton likes this.

For the "WTF? Math?!" people like me - 1 Kg = 2.2 lbs.

There's likely to be some converting when it comes to human use.

Not sure I understand what you mean with some of these names. For example, when you say "episode pen" do you mean an EpiPen as in an Epinepherine Autoinjector? Also I'm not sure what "ventolin" means. Is this for asthma? I understand lidocaine and nitro but SOME of this stuff needs to be explained.

I keep what antibiotics I can in as large a quantity as I can get them but I also keep stuff that's useful for more serious injuries. I keep carbocaine which I get from my dentist for numbing areas that have to be sutured. I keep large supplies of burn cream and antibiotic creams. And one of the most useful things of all which is Dilaudid at a concentration of 8mg per 1 ml of saline and 3ml syringes with 1 -1/2 25ga. needles for IM administration in the gluteus maximus muscle (Buttock). I have 2 chromic gut sutures sealed in sterile paks. And clamps. And all this is stored in with all the normal first aid stuff.

If folks only plan to buy one antibiotic then I believe Cipro is the best one to buy (broad spectrum, plus also gram positive and gram negative).

In our house we don't have human or animal antibiotics, just plain old antibiotics. 90% of it was prescribed by the vet, but it is all all the same stuff. There are a lot of differences when it comes to pain killers though.

FYI for folks with chickens or livestock, buy water soluble antibiotics before the end of the year! The packs sold for poultry/swine, or even the feed antibiotics sold for cattle.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links