Animal Antibiotics for People - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Animal Antibiotics for People

This is a discussion on Animal Antibiotics for People within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; My local pet store told me that the Peoples Republic of Oregon has told them as soon as their stock runs out, they can't sell ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Animal Antibiotics for People

My local pet store told me that the Peoples Republic of Oregon has told them as soon as their stock runs out, they can't sell any more. So I bought all they had and put them in the freezer. So watch your state.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum.
    NRA Life Member
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's to late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" Claire Wolfe

This is excellent information. Going right to hardcopy. Thanks, everyone.

If anyone knows, should you keep antibiotics in the fridge, or freeze them for best storage?
    Last edited by sideKahr; 04-19-2016 at 10:14 AM.

Freeze
    8301 likes this.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum.
    NRA Life Member
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's to late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" Claire Wolfe

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

this information should be sticky
    Taking your guns is like eating a whale,,,,,,One bite at a time

If anyone sees a source for Azithromycin please let me know. preferably a PM so I will get a notification email. I have been unable to find any in about 4 months and I am getting a little worried that I will not be able to replace.

I know with cattle the penicillin works just as good on humans, we always keep a few bottles on hand, and the blood clot stuff I've been using for years, it looks like oxidized copper flake, but it works fantastically and in my opinion works better than the stuff you can buy for human use. It says on there not for human use, but at $10 for a pound of it vs 20+ for a small packet of human approved stuff you can't go wrong.
    A man never truly knows how good he is with a gun until that gun is his last resort to live.

None

This is where I've gotten my fish antibiotics from over the years.
    Free Shipping on Fish Antibiotics- Fish Mox, Fish Flex, & More!

None

Quote Originally Posted by tirednurse View Post
    If anyone sees a source for Azithromycin please let me know. preferably a PM so I will get a notification email. I have been unable to find any in about 4 months and I am getting a little worried that I will not be able to replace.
    To the best of my knowledge the FDA made Azithromycin impossible to get online few years ago. I still keep looking for it.

None

If you do keep animal antibiotics print this page out for reference.
    https://www.doomandbloom.net/alterna...s-in-survival/

You are responsible in deciding to use this information but I keep this page with my fish antibiotics.

If anyone does find Azithromycin as tirednurse asked, post it here too, or pm me, as I'm sure others would like to find it as well. It's one that is most often prescribed for my wife with sinus infections since she is allergic to penicillin.

Also, for anyone else that has an allergic reaction to penicillin, I found this list of alternative antibiotics and a list of what they are typically used for. Obviously not all these can be found without a prescription, but its good info to have.

Allergy to penicillin and alternative antibiotics
    Last edited by spork; 05-22-2016 at 06:43 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links