Ivermectin? Antibiotic Miracle Cure?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Ivermectin? Antibiotic Miracle Cure? within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Any buzz on this in the prepper community? https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/90552 I was just meeting with our neighborhood group, and while we're feeling out a prospective new ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Ivermectin? Antibiotic Miracle Cure?

Any buzz on this in the prepper community?

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/90552

I was just meeting with our neighborhood group, and while we're feeling out a prospective new member, that member starts to discuss Ivermectin and covid treatment. He says he doses 1x/wk, and if he catches covid, he has been instructed by his doc brother to dose 1x/day. He also said that covid human ivermectin costs like $40/dose, but he uses the equine version from Fleet Farm at $3/tube of 5 doses. He showed us the actual product, and took a dose (tastes like applesauce, he claims).

He said it's being prescribed to treat/prevent covid, and is useful for a plethora of other bacterial infections. I just purchased a ton of fish antibiotics, and I think I want to stock up on this now too...

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Ivermectin? Antibiotic Miracle Cure?-ec2d16de-e006-491c-9859-c2a7e06b89f1.jpeg
    Last edited by Trihonda; 01-11-2021 at 12:36 AM.

Antibiotic for a virus?
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Antibiotic for a virus?
    Maybe not antibiotic... Reread the included article, and it says this: "ivermectin has a special combination of anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties that make it useful preventively and for treating early and late-stage illness".
    Denton likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Trihonda View Post
    Maybe not antibiotic... Reread the included article, and it says this: "ivermectin has a special combination of anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties that make it useful preventively and for treating early and late-stage illness".
    That combo makes sense, from what I understand.
    inceptor likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

You might die, but you will die worm-free. That is something. I would probably just take my chances with the virus.
    2020 Convert, stowlin and jimb1972 like this.

@BamaDOC can you weigh in on this please?
    Do, or, Do Not. There is no Try.

Ivermectin is a dewormer... I take a little dose periodically...l also put a little la200 or pen-c in my coffee if I feel a cold coming on... l use a syringe full of b complex as well.... l haven't been to a doctor in years except for stitches if I couldn't stop the bleeding or a cast for broken bones.... l am not recommending anything to anyone but just saying I doctor myself mostly from the refrigerator in the barn... only side effect has been redness of the neck area

Super Moderator

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Interesting. We have a friend that right after the first of the year tested positive for the Chinese flu. One of her medications was ivermectin. Now the variables are too great and the Chinese flu effects people differently but she basically recovered in a few days. She’s in decent health and it about 68 years old.

We use ivermectin for our animals. A deworming medication, etc.
    stowlin and inceptor like this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

We had a friend text us about this. I happen to be in a TSC and asked him if he wanted me to pick some up for him.

My wife (with 9 letters after her name) went on a tirade on how it wasn’t safe. Of course she said the same about HCQ and she is on it, and hasn’t got the virus yet.

I do notice a difference in the horses poop after I give it to them. Maybe that’s why there is a TP shortage!

The Good Cop

It's a horse wormer.
    There's always Ivermectin around the house.
    I don't know how many times a year the horse gets wormed, once maybe twice.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links