Survivalist Meds and Supplies
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Survivalist Meds and Supplies within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Hi, not sure if this type of post if allowed, but I am a medical professional and I stock just about every antibiotic on the ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Survivalist Meds and Supplies

Hi, not sure if this type of post if allowed, but I am a medical professional and I stock just about every antibiotic on the market, General meds and supplies (no controlled substances though) as well. They are human grade medications and not fish antibiotics. Please message me if there are any medications you might need for your supply kits. Thanks!

Super Moderator

We don't generally allow vendor type postings unless the user has taken the steps to become an official board vendor. It avoids the issues of hit-n-run scam artists and such.

Since you mentioned antibiotics, is it safe to assume you're talking about prescription medications? As I understand it, it is illegal to sell such medications without a license and a prescription. Or are you talking about over the counter medications that can be obtained just about anywhere?
    You mentioned "fish antibiotics" as an alternative to "human grade medications", but are you aware that there is no such thing as a true "fish" antibiotic? They are simply standard human medications sold as animal medications, sometimes in the very same pill form you'd get from a pharmacy. Same ID codes and everything, produced in the same facilities as the prescription-sourced versions. They're the same thing with a different label and fewer restrictions.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem"
    or
    "I prefer perilous liberty to peaceful servitude." - Thomas Jefferson

I will take 500 Vicodinocillin, please. Human-grade only. We don't have to tell Kauboy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Forget 500, I always get a better break on a thousand Vicodinocillin.
    Bucket-Back since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    We don't generally allow vendor type postings unless the user has taken the steps to become an official board vendor. It avoids the issues of hit-n-run scam artists and such.

Since you mentioned antibiotics, is it safe to assume you're talking about prescription medications? As I understand it, it is illegal to sell such medications without a license and a prescription. Or are you talking about over the counter medications that can be obtained just about anywhere?
    You mentioned "fish antibiotics" as an alternative to "human grade medications", but are you aware that there is no such thing as a true "fish" antibiotic? They are simply standard human medications sold as animal medications, sometimes in the very same pill form you'd get from a pharmacy. Same ID codes and everything, produced in the same facilities as the prescription-sourced versions. They're the same thing with a different label and fewer restrictions.
    I’ve been meaning to ask this question. Does anyone have links to these fish meds? I am kinda new to this, and would be really interested in snagging some of this stuff...for my... aquarium. .

What exactly do I need to buy, and from where? Links appreciated. Thanks
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

inceptor and Denton like this.

Super Moderator

Do a web search. There are various articles that give lists of recommended antibiotics to stock and most are available as fish or bird medicines. I believe that one or two of the MDs on here have posted lists also if you care to use the search function.
    Kauboy and Denton like this.

Thank you for your input!! I stocked up last spring when Covid first came about and many antibiotics were on backorder. Now I have a stockpile that we will never be able to use before they expire in several years. I know that a lot of fish abx are the same as abx that come from a pharmacy. I have some that are not... such as Cipro, etc. I don’t want to throw them out, but we have no use for hundreds of bottles.
    Slippy likes this.

Fishy..... no pun intended.
    Denton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trihonda View Post
    I’ve been meaning to ask this question. Does anyone have links to these fish meds? I am kinda new to this, and would be really interested in snagging some of this stuff...for my... aquarium. .

What exactly do I need to buy, and from where? Links appreciated. Thanks
    Got this link a few months back courtesy of jimcosta another member here, www.fishantibioticsdirect.com/products/fish-cin.

I haven't checked then out yet as I'm searching for a medication to deal with my procrastination.

Godspeed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links