My Main First Aid Kit
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Main First Aid Kit

This is a discussion on My Main First Aid Kit within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Following are a few pictures of my DIY, home, makeshift, First Aid Kit. I have a number of other first aid tools and supplies in ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By ActionJackson
  • 1 Post By jimcosta
  • 1 Post By jimcosta
  • 1 Post By jimcosta
  • 2 Post By paraquack

Thread: My Main First Aid Kit

My Main First Aid Kit

Following are a few pictures of my DIY, home, makeshift, First Aid Kit. I have a number of other first aid tools and supplies in my BOB and BOV but didn't feel like digging them out for this photo shoot. I have a professional suture kit in my BOB as well as some disposable scalpels. I think I have two or three smaller first aid kits scattered about as well (truck, small BOB, large BOB, work, etc.)

My Main First Aid Kit-first-aid-kit-1.jpg
    My Main First Aid Kit-first-aid-kit-2.jpg
    My Main First Aid Kit-first-aid-kit-3.jpg
    My Main First Aid Kit-first-aid-kit-4.jpg
    My Main First Aid Kit-first-aid-kit-5.jpg
    My Main First Aid Kit-first-aid-kit-6.jpg
    My Main First Aid Kit-first-aid-kit-7.jpg
    Last edited by ActionJackson; 09-13-2020 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Add Pics
    Michael_Js and A Watchman like this.
    "The Duty Of A True Patriot Is To Protect His Country From Its Government"
    ~Thomas Paine~

AJ: What you have is a Group First Aid kit. It should make you membership material for any group!

I don't recall you saying you have a medic background. If you would like, I can post several PDF files of survival medicine books.

I can't post them here for some reason. If requested I can private email them to you.
    Last edited by jimcosta; 09-13-2020 at 12:14 PM.
    ActionJackson likes this.
    Our Survival Group Website: Hidden Content

PDF Survival First Aid Books

Blank

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jimcosta View Post
    AJ: What you have is a Group First Aid kit. It should make you membership material for any group!

I don't recall you saying you have a medic background. If you would like, I can post several PDF files of survival medicine books.

I can't post them here for some reason. If requested I can private email them to you.
    Howdy. For years, I had an extensive library full of all sorts of books. Part of my library consisted of books about wild, edible plants (as well as poisonous ones). I also had two other books: "Where There Is No Doctor" and "Where There Is No Dentist." But I also move a lot and my library was extensive and very heavy. I had to box it up and move it numerous times. So when I moved from Denver to Utah, I finally donated my entire book collection to a local thrift store (except for my Bible and Strong's Concordance).

So ... long story short, please do post some good titles. I do have a copy of the FM 21-76 Military Survival Handbook in my truck but that's it.
    ~Thomas Paine~

I still am unable to post PDFs to this website. I am sending to your private email address.

Quote Originally Posted by jimcosta View Post
    I still am unable to post PDFs to this website. I am sending to your private email address.
    Thanks for the links. I was just going to buy the books from Amazon but found that "Ditch Medicine" is about $215.00. Wow. Funny thing is that a used copy was $216.00. Hahaha. What a deal!!

Some of the other titles are far more affordable. "Ditch Medicine" must have some pretty valuable info.
    ~Thomas Paine~

FYI:

Where There Is No Doctor: Download Link

Ditch Medicine: Download Link

I sent ActionJackson other PDF books by direct emails. If requested I can send to others as well.
    Last edited by jimcosta; 09-14-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Being a retired paramedic, I carry a few more things in my kits than shown here. But the one question I always ask is what knowledge first aid do you have, and do you know how to use everything you have in your kit. My favorite is the guy who has IV solutions and caths, but forgot the tubing to connect the two. And of course has now idea how to satr an IV or why. My fav was on "Doomsday Preppers", where the idiot started an IV for the camers, with the cath or needle going the wrong direction. I cringed and laughed all at the same time.
    Pir8fan and ActionJackson like this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    Being a retired paramedic, I carry a few more things in my kits than shown here. But the one question I always ask is what knowledge first aid do you have, and do you know how to use everything you have in your kit. My favorite is the guy who has IV solutions and caths, but forgot the tubing to connect the two. And of course has now idea how to satr an IV or why. My fav was on "Doomsday Preppers", where the idiot started an IV for the camers, with the cath or needle going the wrong direction. I cringed and laughed all at the same time.
    Outside of a few company-sponsored First Aid and CPR courses, I have no formal training. But at 60 and having worked in numerous fields and having had my share of minor injuries, I'm confident that I can handle most mundane & routine cuts, abrasions, sprains, etc. I did have a coworker many years ago ask me to stitch up a cut on his arm. I had no idea what I was doing but I got the job done. Good thing both of us were drunk at the time.
    ~Thomas Paine~

Sponsored Links