Masks - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Masks

This is a discussion on Masks within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Annie My puppy dogs loves them some sardines. It make their coats shiny. We give each a teaspoon of coconut oil every ...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Masks

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    My puppy dogs loves them some sardines. It make their coats shiny.
    We give each a teaspoon of coconut oil every day to them for that reason and it helps the GI track.

Would not touch old roy with a stick either.
    Annie likes this.

Coconut oil is also an anti fungal, so it's good for dogs that have yeast issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Being a die hard prepper,
    Now with the dogs, an even longer supply of food a year plus I would guess,
    With my year long experiment of dry dog food I found that of the 4 major brands tried the longest lasting was Purina 1, It went 10 months in 60-80 degree tempature in the house tempature before the oils went bad and the dogs refused to eat it and began to lose weight. The other brands of dry dog food began to go rancid within 6-8 months As I'm sure you know a dry dog food has oils in it which go rancid with time.

What brand of dog food do you use that lasts for over a year?
    I have the same problem with chicken feed going bad after 6-7 months so any suggestions with chicken feed would also be useful.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    ...........What brand of dog food do you use that lasts for over a year? .....
    I walked down the dog & cat food aisle at WalMart once, and every bag of dry food had a date that was at least 1 year away. Some were 18 months out.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    Hidden Content . Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    With my year long experiment of dry dog food I found that of the 4 major brands tried the longest lasting was Purina 1, It went 10 months in 60-80 degree tempature in the house tempature before the oils went bad and the dogs refused to eat it and began to lose weight. The other brands of dry dog food began to go rancid within 6-8 months As I'm sure you know a dry dog food has oils in it which go rancid with time.

What brand of dog food do you use that lasts for over a year?
    I have the same problem with chicken feed going bad after 6-7 months so any suggestions with chicken feed would also be useful.

I use the purina for mine,

The difference here is that the bags are subjected to freezing and near freezing conditions for 6 months out of a year.

There is only 2 days worth of food for them in the home at any time.

They, the bags, are marked and used in date order and don't run much over 16 months storage if that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    Some of the millions of Americans who*remain relegated to their homes due to shelter-in-place orders*are using that time to sew and assemble masks out of spare and recycled fabric, elastic and other materials.*

Experts advise, however, that while the homemade alternatives can create a loose-fitting barrier that may mitigate the spread of some germs, they are not designed to block the spread of COVID-19, the official name of the pandemic that has swept the globe.

“The only mask that the CDC considers safe from you getting the coronavirus, the only way to actually prevent you from inhaling it, is the N95 mask,”*Captain Michael Doyle, a U.S. Army New York National Guard physician assistant, told USA TODAY. Doyle is the commanding officer at the drive-in coronavirus testing site in New Rochelle, New York.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ad/2899622001/

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    We've kept a good supply of the 3M 1860 medical masks the last few years and have mailed or delivered some to our older family members the last 2 weeks. At this point we are keeping the remaining masks for our personal use. immediate family only at this point.

Preppers prep. Instead of fancy vacations we took lessor vacations, ate out less. and used the cash to buy preps like good N-95 masks.
    SGG and Redneck like this.

Everything I've read has not indicated that the Wuhan virus is airborne. As in the virus itself is floating in the air.
    Everything I've read has indicated that the Wuhan virus is aerosol borne. As in the tiny droplets and such that are sneezed and coughed out.
    Everything I've read has indicated that the primary way of transmission of the Wuhan virus is from contaminated hands touching the face (mouth, nose, eyes).

The homemade masks at the very least keep dirty hands from mouth and nose.
    Kauboy and MountainGirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    I walked down the dog & cat food aisle at WalMart once, and every bag of dry food had a date that was at least 1 year away. Some were 18 months out.
    I literally just got out of bed and looked and the bags of dog food we have here don't have a Use By date on them, and I've never seen a Use By date on any dog food I've ever purchased. I can't even imagine trying to store a year's worth of food for my dogs. They go through about 50 pounds a month and I just don't have the room. I fed the dogs kibble that was at least nine months old. It didn't smell rancid. The dogs ate it and it didn't make them sick.
    Michael_Js likes this.

Masks-image002.jpg
    Michael_Js likes this.

Well this tread bounced around! LOL. As to the dog food, back 15 years ago when I had a black Lab, we would buy big plastic boxes of Milk Bones at Sams. Several times we had to throw away 1/2 to 3/4 of a new box because they developed some little critters! Some type of bug looking thing and also something like fruit flies. And these containers closed tightly and seemed to have a gasket. Didn't happen every time though.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links