Masks - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Masks

This is a discussion on Masks within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Some of the millions of Americans who*remain relegated to their homes due to shelter-in-place orders*are using that time to sew and assemble masks out of ...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Masks

Super Moderator

Some of the millions of Americans who*remain relegated to their homes due to shelter-in-place orders*are using that time to sew and assemble masks out of spare and recycled fabric, elastic and other materials.*

Experts advise, however, that while the homemade alternatives can create a loose-fitting barrier that may mitigate the spread of some germs, they are not designed to block the spread of COVID-19, the official name of the pandemic that has swept the globe.

“The only mask that the CDC considers safe from you getting the coronavirus, the only way to actually prevent you from inhaling it, is the N95 mask,”*Captain Michael Doyle, a U.S. Army New York National Guard physician assistant, told USA TODAY. Doyle is the commanding officer at the drive-in coronavirus testing site in New Rochelle, New York.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ad/2899622001/

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    Some of the millions of Americans who*remain relegated to their homes due to shelter-in-place orders*are using that time to sew and assemble masks out of spare and recycled fabric, elastic and other materials.*

Experts advise, however, that while the homemade alternatives can create a loose-fitting barrier that may mitigate the spread of some germs, they are not designed to block the spread of COVID-19, the official name of the pandemic that has swept the globe.

“The only mask that the CDC considers safe from you getting the coronavirus, the only way to actually prevent you from inhaling it, is the N95 mask,”*Captain Michael Doyle, a U.S. Army New York National Guard physician assistant, told USA TODAY. Doyle is the commanding officer at the drive-in coronavirus testing site in New Rochelle, New York.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ad/2899622001/
    Masks are needed for the entire industry. Not just those dealing with COVID patients.
    We aren't discussing making masks to prevent infectious disease workers from spreading COVID. We are discussing supplying an entire industry with replacement masks for their regular duties.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    This shit just gets stupider and stupider every day.
    A friend told me there wasn't even cat food at the Troy Walmart.
    Slippy, SOCOM42 and MountainGirl like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Being a die hard prepper, I have plenty on hand for the cat, enough to run into the end of September.

That is just canned food, comes in 48 can cases, then there is the dry food.

Now with the dogs, an even longer supply of food a year plus I would guess,

longer if they eat any intruders that were terminated in whatever manner, fang or HS projectile.
    Denton and Annie like this.

I stocked up on masks well before this pandemic. Going to donate most of my stash to our local healthcare providers. Never saw this shortage coming. Keeping a couple dozen for ourselves.
    hawgrider and Elvis like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Ya know somtimes us old folks on a limited income have to resort to cat food right?
    SOCOM42 likes this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Ya know somtimes us old folks on a limited income have to resort to cat food right?
    If it came down to it, I would share either way,

I do have hundreds of cans of sardines, mackerel and oysters,we can all eat if needed.

I hate freshwater fish, and I live on a lake,

it would take a lot of hunger and Texas Pete for me to eat the bass and pike in the lake.

I would clean out the snappers first, after the turkeys and ducks.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Hawg, really now..After all those delicious looking pics you've shared of your smoked/bbq meals? All I ca n say is: what?
    If you're not listening to "The Denton and Sasquatch Show", you're not on the team.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    If it came down to it, I would share either way,

I do have hundreds of cans of sardines, mackerel and oysters,we can all eat if needed.

I hate freshwater fish, and I live on a lake,

it would take a lot of hunger and Texas Pete for me to eat the bass and pike in the lake.

I would clean out the snappers first, after the turkeys and ducks.
    My puppy dogs loves them some sardines. It make their coats shiny.
    If you're not listening to "The Denton and Sasquatch Show", you're not on the team.

Super Moderator

Just don't feed your best friend "Old Roy", or he will be dead in a year. For sure.
    Elvis likes this.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links