Seed Source for Medicinal Plants
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Seed Source for Medicinal Plants within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I saw this vendor mentioned in a YouTube video and ordered their catalog. They offer seeds for some pretty unusual plants as well as some ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Seed Source for Medicinal Plants

I saw this vendor mentioned in a YouTube video and ordered their catalog. They offer seeds for some pretty unusual plants as well as some vegetables that are 100% open-pollinated. Their prices are probably reasonable considering how difficult it might be to source some of the seeds.

They also have some plant extracts, trees, shrubs, etc.

Strictly Medicinal Seeds
    JustAnotherNut and Denton like this.

I buy lots of stuff through them Recently got their latest catalog which is sitting on my desk...I buy my organic cover seeds for winter from them, by the pound.

Seed Source for Medicinal Plants-20200214_173902.jpg

Peace,
    Michael J.
    Last edited by Michael_Js; 02-14-2020 at 06:41 PM.
    paulag1955 and JustAnotherNut like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
    I buy lots of stuff through them Recently got their latest catalog which is sitting on my desk...I buy my organic cover seeds for winter from them, by the pound.

Peace,
    Michael J.
    It's great to support a PNW company, too. I'm going to be ordering; not sure how much yet. I also like to support Territorial Seed Co.
    JustAnotherNut and Michael_Js like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I've bought from Territorial as well and Ed Hume, and from other companies from other areas. I will check out the link, thanks for posting it.

As for medicinals, check out the weeds or odd things that pop up in your yard or property, since many common weeds or plants have been used for medicinal purposes in the past. And as a side note here, to address your soil issues, also check out what does grow on your property to figure out what your soil needs or other plants it would support. It would then help you determine what you can grow or any amendments needed.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    It's great to support a PNW company, too. I'm going to be ordering; not sure how much yet. I also like to support Territorial Seed Co.
    Yup, us too! Also on my desk - I have a very cluttered desk. We also by lots of plants/trees from Raintree, and a local nursery.

Seed Source for Medicinal Plants-20200214_213458.jpg

peace,
    Michael J.
    paulag1955 and JustAnotherNut like this.

Michael_Js likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherNut View Post
    I've bought from Territorial as well and Ed Hume, and from other companies from other areas. I will check out the link, thanks for posting it.

As for medicinals, check out the weeds or odd things that pop up in your yard or property, since many common weeds or plants have been used for medicinal purposes in the past. And as a side note here, to address your soil issues, also check out what does grow on your property to figure out what your soil needs or other plants it would support. It would then help you determine what you can grow or any amendments needed.
    Strictly medicinal seeds actually sells dandelion seeds! Can you even imagine planting them on purpose?
    Last edited by paulag1955; 02-15-2020 at 08:58 PM.
    Michael_Js and JustAnotherNut like this.

Strictly medicinal seeds actually sells dandelion seeds? Can you even imagine planting them on purpose?
    LOL, not sure that I would....or atleast buy them. I do let mine grow and they make their own seeds. Some take and others don't, but I usually leave them alone, in the backyard anyway. Dandelion greens have lots of vitamins, though I don't eat them but they are there if I choose too. Usually my chickens will eat them and any flowers that helps the color of the yolks.

Along my driveway and by the street, they can get out of control so I try to keep them cut down before going to seed.

Strictly medicinal seeds actually sells dandelion seeds! Can you even imagine planting them on purpose?
    I let a lot of "weeds" grow. Dandelion has medicinal properties and is a great green salad.

In my vegetable garden I have lambs quarters. More nutrition than spinach, taste as good, and they seed themselves in, every year. When I weed early spring, I let the lambs quarters grow, and remove the rest.

Lambs quarters are related to quinoa. The seed is as nutritious but much smaller. Anybody grow quinoa?

The lambs quarters choke out the real weeds, then I harvest them like spinach, fresh or blanch and freeze. I always let a few plants go to seed, each one puts out thousands of seeds. No bother, planting, they come back every spring.
    JustAnotherNut likes this.

About the only weeds I bother with trying to eradicate are wild blackberry briars, morning glory vines, the neighbors English ivy and dock. I don't care if any of those have any medicinal or nutritional properties, I don't want them here on my property because they are all so invasive and it's a constant battle every year.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links