This is a discussion on Threat Alert: Chinese Coronavirus within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I'm sure you've heard by now, U.S. had it's first confirmed case of the Chinese Coronavirus. No doubt the fearmongers will love the extra ad ...
I'm sure you've heard by now, U.S. had it's first confirmed case of the Chinese Coronavirus.
No doubt the fearmongers will love the extra ad revenue generated by an increased audience of paranoid parents. I definitely expect them to overplay this one...
If this one truly is a threat.... What are you doing to prepare for it?
Here are some of my Preps:
1. Have 2lbs of Echinacea ready
2. Preparing to order 1lb or so of dry Elderberries
3. Got plenty of OTC antihistamines
4. Have about 12oz of Colloidal silver
5. About to order a colloidal silver generator
6. About to order a nebulizer
7. About to buy Mangosteen juice
8. About to buy some beef liver
9. About to make a pitcher of green tea
10. Got some pine needles ready
I expect that most of you here will already be familiar with most of those items. But for those of you who may not, I'll briefly explain why I choose those items.
1. When combined to make a tea, echinacea and elderberry is an AWESOME immune booster and has amazing antiviral properties.
2. Colloidal silver has been proven to kill thousands of viruses, bacteria, and fungi. As a last resort, my family will be adding it to a nebulizer. (I don't recommend drinking the stuff, it messes up your gut)
3. Beef liver is probably the best natural source of Vitamin A that is readily available.
4. Green tea has MANY health benefits, I will primarily be drinking it for it's anti-toxin effects
5. Pine needle tea, if you've never used it, is a AWESOME source of vitamin C... And if I'm not mistaken, it's certain type of vitamin C. I have used it before and it is POWERFUL.
6. The mangosteen juice has many helpful properties. I'm just getting it because of it's antihistamine properties and because it worked for me while I was in Vietnam
Yeah.. the media is already raving about it. One report already compared it to the Spanish flu and it’s death rate.
Watching but not overly concerned at this point.
However, if china says that’s have 400 cases of the virus then it’s probably closer to 4,000 cases and spreading. I think that locking down a city of 11 millions says something.
Never hurts to be prepared...
"Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
Who is John Galt?
Stay away from crowds and wash your hands.
Wash any new foodstuffs.
Money is dirty, so is public transportation.
Another reason to not live in a city.
"There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
"Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.
Like Mad Trapper said stay away from other people. It's cold and flu season anyway so all interaction is very limited. Anyone coughs or sniffles and I'm gone. Large crowds nope. Large crowd is 3 or more unknown people within 10 feet.
Last edited by Mad Trapper; 01-22-2020 at 01:57 PM.
A city of 11,000,000 people was just quarantined and told they can’t leave town. Glad someone is taking this one seriously.