Threat Alert: Chinese Coronavirus - Page 7
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threat Alert: Chinese Coronavirus

This is a discussion on Threat Alert: Chinese Coronavirus within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Robie I think it almost should be required viewing for anyone getting into prepping. I agree....

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: Threat Alert: Chinese Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    I think it almost should be required viewing for anyone getting into prepping.
    I agree.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

That was a good video. Thanks for posting it.
    Robie likes this.

Super Moderator

Has anyone checked out the documentary, "Pandemic" which is currently on Netflix? It's really interesting stuff. There's scientists who are currently working on a vaccine that will cover all strains of viruses going back 100 years. Hopefully, it'll succeed and they won't be left 'a day late and a dollar short', as they say....
    “Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape.” Planet of the Apes, 1968

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Hi!! I’m new!!

The CDC is posting this map as the latest as far as cases go.

It looks scary, but even if it’s 1-5 cases they block out the whole country.

I’m, personally, getting to be about 70% scared that those numbers are going to keep rising. Esp as the CDC themselves state “the numbers in the U.S. will continue to grow.”

If I see the major shipping port cities in China lock down — then I’ll be really be ready to ratchet up my level of seriousness.

Especially- as I hate and I’m completely mortified to say this in front of you guys, I haven’t been in ANY position to prep over the past .... 6 years. Single mom. Zero extra $$. At all.

That said, I already have a plan in motion to use my next check to start buying the long term food stuffs in bulk, masks, water filters (which ones are really the best?? We have beautiful fast running forest river, sometimes slower in summer abutting property, not sure of source; 2 gross ponds on property), water in gallon jugs- tho I do have a bunch of gal already saved up, and .... etc. Wish I had my gun license already. Something I’ve been forever “meaning to do....” At this point starting grad school has taken priority. (It’s always something.) Again - if I can’t afford a handgun or a rifle...

We do, luckily, live in isolated area. Up on mountainside. I’m sure I could forage with the right info come spring. Need to start looking into that.

And push comes to shove, I’m not afraid to pull my 6 year old daughter out to “homeschool” her. I did it already with my 22 year old daughter & bit younger boys couple decades ago for different reason. (My grad school is remote for most of the year.)

Ok, enough from me!! A newcomer to your wonderful world!!

—— Rachael

Ps — I guess because I’m new I cannot post photos or links. That’s ok. But sorry about that - getting you all excited about a cool map & everything!! Lol But if you google CDC coronavirus world map it should come right up. Sorry again.
    Last edited by rachaels_apocalypse; 01-25-2020 at 06:01 PM.
    Denton, Piratesailor and Crunch like this.

Honestly half of these issues would be solved by simply keeping regular hygiene. I don't know if anyone here has ever gone to China but soap is virtually non existent even in medical environments. Keeping basic measures like teas, or cleaning your hands with vinegar or similar substances will go a long way.
    Denton and Annie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Comms View Post
    Honestly half of these issues would be solved by simply keeping regular hygiene. I don't know if anyone here has ever gone to China but soap is virtually non existent even in medical environments. Keeping basic measures like teas, or cleaning your hands with vinegar or similar substances will go a long way.
    Have you ever been?

just a little research and it tells me Chinese people are very clean.
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

I bought the 3M8210 masks and face shields for the wife and self. Hope we won't need to use them, but having them on hand is better then not!
    Piratesailor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ajk1941 View Post
    I bought the 3M8210 masks and face shields for the wife and self. Hope we won't need to use them, but having them on hand is better then not!
    Prepping!
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

The talking heads on FOX this morning did a segment on masks. They are already in short supply with delayed delivery dates on line.

I've got to do some insulation work soon, better see if hardware store is stocked with masks.

In a pinch, a large kerchief worn masked bandit style is better than nothing. You can wash those in warm soapy bleach and reuse.

Main thing is stay away from crowds, cities, public transport. Wash your hands, never touch face before doing so.

Anybody know what "shelf life" of these viruses are on surfaces? Put yer hand in yer wallet you better wash it! Cash/change is dirty.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links