Threat Alert: Chinese Coronavirus - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threat Alert: Chinese Coronavirus

This is a discussion on Threat Alert: Chinese Coronavirus within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Chiefster23 Just checked amazon again. The masks that I purchased 2 hours ago are now no longer available. The run on these ...

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: Threat Alert: Chinese Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Just checked amazon again. The masks that I purchased 2 hours ago are now no longer available. The run on these types of products is in full swing. I’m going to get some pool shock and bleach today.
    Go check your local Walmart. I just came back and they had tons of the disposable ear loop masks.
    Chiefster23 likes this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Super Moderator

I bought a bunch of those masks after the Ebola scare. Now I just have to remember where they landed after we moved....
    Piratesailor and stowlin like this.
    Let us use the time as best we may.

Super Moderator

Interesting and scary.
    https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/sh....php?tid=86006
    Credidi Propter:
    One thing is clear to me, at this point: if someone wanted to take us out, and God allowed it, it could be done very easily. Use nanotechnology to make microscopic capsules to store and preserve the live viruses. Those microscopic pills could be used to infect certain people. Who decides who gets infected, and how do they decide? I have no idea.

Who would stand to benefit most from a pandemic? The elites? People who have access to treatments the rest of us can’t even imagine? They’d be safe, and we’d die. Maybe eventually people would become fed up with the system and throw it all down, and make the elites worthless.
    Let us use the time as best we may.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Just for the heck of it, plus, I think it's a pretty good narrative about being prepared....here is a docu-drama called After Armageddon. It was produced by the History Channel I think.

The scenario portrayed in this is a worldwide pandemic but any old disaster could be substituted.

Full version and free:

Prepared One likes this.
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Oh, and read the comments in the above-offered article.
    So I read some of the comments.. some real Luney tunes out there.

However one guy said something interesting. He wondered how, in todays connected community/world, word of mass deaths from this virus wouldn’t have spread and leaked out. It would unless china shut down everything and they haven’t.

Back to the article.. although i think it’s tin foil to some degree, the fact that the chicoms have gone this far in quarantine is worrisome.

Never hurts to be prepared. My wife is a nurse midwife so we have a number of good masks (but I guess the beard will have to go....)
    Denton and Prepared One like this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Prepping & Video Games are my thing. Hidden Content
    Hidden Content & Hidden Content

Quercetin is another flavonoid that inhibits the TNF cytokine according to https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4926454/. Onions have a high concentrations of quercetin naturally, and the quercetin is present in plasma after consuming them (so makes it past first pass metabolism and into the bloodstream). Frying them (in butter?) doesn't destroy the quercetin either.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/academia.ed...a1761eed403914

Maybe I'm missing something, but sounds like a trip to Chili's for a pitcher of beer and an onion blossom could save your life... (jk).

This was simulated 3 months ago...

https://news.yahoo.com/health-expert...170400102.html
    Denton likes this.
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant

Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    Just for the heck of it, plus, I think it's a pretty good narrative about being prepared....here is a docu-drama called After Armageddon. It was produced by the History Channel I think.

The scenario portrayed in this is a worldwide pandemic but any old disaster could be substituted.

Full version and free:

I have seen this. Plausible scenarios. I am not ready to panic over all this but it's worth keeping tabs on it. If you start seeing death rates climbing in places other then China, where the government keeps a tight control on all the information, then there may be cause for concern. Still, that said, one day a super bug out of hell is bound to get loose one day. More then likely a man made one.
    Inor likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I have seen this. Plausible scenarios. I am not ready to panic over all this but it's worth keeping tabs on it. If you start seeing death rates climbing in places other then China, where the government keeps a tight control on all the information, then there may be cause for concern. Still, that said, one day a super bug out of hell is bound to get loose one day. More then likely a man made one.
    I think it almost should be required viewing for anyone getting into prepping.
    Prepared One likes this.

― Will Durant

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links