Anyone a WFR?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Anyone a WFR?

This is a discussion on Anyone a WFR? within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Is anyone here a Wilderness First Responder. I've been interested in taking the course for years, but have never had the time (still don't). But ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Slippy
  • 1 Post By BigTimber

Thread: Anyone a WFR?

Anyone a WFR?

Is anyone here a Wilderness First Responder. I've been interested in taking the course for years, but have never had the time (still don't). But I'd like to hear feedback on the course from anyone who has taken it.

https://www.nols.edu/en/coursefinder...responder-WFR/

Sounds like fun! But if you're doing this to pick up chicks, I'm sure there are better options...

https://www.nols.edu/en/coursefinder...responder-WFR/
    A Watchman likes this.

No... sadly. There was a company offering classes about 3 hours away, 5 days long, 8-5. Was thinking about using vacation time and getting a room nearby to take it, and while I was procrastinating the company got bought out and they aren't offering classes at that location any longer.

Short of more advanced training, always thought WFR or military training in prolonged field care matched up well with SHTF preparedness.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Sounds like fun! But if you're doing this to pick up chicks, I'm sure there are better options...
    Lol, I'm 40 and married. If my wife and I want to pick up chicks... well, this program wouldn't be our first choice.

I was a rock climber for many years, still enjoy it when I have the time. In the climbing community becoming a Wilderness First Responder was highly regarded. At the time I couldn't afford it, now time is my limiting factor and was wondering if it is worth the investment (of time).
    Slippy likes this.

Sponsored Links