Get prepaired when it hail DU Ammonition! - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Get prepaired when it hail DU Ammonition!

This is a discussion on Get prepaired when it hail DU Ammonition! within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by SOCOM42 .........................That was the time I learned to drink coffee black, lived on "C" rats and old WW-2 and Korean "K" rats. ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Get prepaired when it hail DU Ammonition!

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    .........................That was the time I learned to drink coffee black, lived on "C" rats and old WW-2 and Korean "K" rats.
    We occupied an old WW-2 German bunker that was overrun by the Russian hordes a decade and a half before, thought we were round two in that respect.
    Thanks, SOCOM42, . . . did not mean to laugh at your misfortunes of war, . . . but I got a chuckle out of the description you gave.

I recall sitting in a brick box 3 ft high with corregated metal over my head to keep down the monsoon rain, . . . watching the locals go by, . . . M14 on my lap, . . . safety off, . . . just hoping my warm Coca Cola and Hershey bars would keep me awake and alert enough if one of them tossed a grenade at me.

Yeah, . . . I ate those danged ham and lima beans as well, . . .

May God bless,
    Dwight
    bigwheel likes this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

The Law stayed around a bit to long. The last Tow I fired was the 2A version . Yes for it's time it was impressive. And the had the best sights of it's time and they kept getting better. The current version of the Javelin is pretty amazing. I like the fire and forget.
    I have never held one but have heard they do have 50 rounds with DU bullets.
    bigwheel likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Immediately after the cease fire of the ground offensive for Desert Storm we (3rd Armored) used to scavenge through abandoned and sometimes destroyed armored vehicles all of the time. Some hit with DU Sabot rounds, some hit by us. We never mopped up and were never advised to do so. Exposure could be a significant problem at some point. Of course I read my book by the light of burning oil wells, was around burn pits all of the time, exposed to carcinogenic hydraulic fluid, including ingesting one time and was exposed unmopped up to sarin nerve agent. Health of veterans was just not that important during Desert Storm or after it.
    A big time difference in caution and concern when I was back over in the litter box 2003-04. Overall that is, my unit was a large mess.
    Last edited by RedLion; 09-10-2019 at 12:34 PM.
    Denton, Deebo and bigwheel like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

THANK YOU guys.
    bigwheel likes this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Yes Big Thanks.

When fired the Tow back blast leaves a signature that can be seen a good distance away. A good armor crew spotting it could hit you before the tow gets to them. The shells were darn near twice a fast. Some times I miss it other times not.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 09-10-2019 at 05:12 PM.
    bigwheel and Denton like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Pretty sure my old Jyrene pal with Tow missles had the set and forget models. He said it would head to the target looking like it was going to miss and in the last few second it would correct itself and hit where it needed to hit. It mighta been lazer guided or something. Its been a few years back. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    Thanks, SOCOM42, . . . did not mean to laugh at your misfortunes of war, . . . but I got a chuckle out of the description you gave.

I recall sitting in a brick box 3 ft high with corregated metal over my head to keep down the monsoon rain, . . . watching the locals go by, . . . M14 on my lap, . . . safety off, . . . just hoping my warm Coca Cola and Hershey bars would keep me awake and alert enough if one of them tossed a grenade at me.

Yeah, . . . I ate those danged ham and lima beans as well, . . .

May God bless,
    Dwight
    two things
    - I always thought the beef stew, pound cake, and peaches in heavy syrup was the best.
    - did you ever get a meal that was only 2 years younger than you were? mine was a 1953 manf date.
    Deebo, dwight55 and bigwheel like this.

Well today is a Day to Celebrate get your good MRE with Champagne out the Box.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Well today is a Day to Celebrate get your good MRE with Champagne out the Box.
    I HOPE IM JUST IN A MOOD.... You arrogant insentative BITCH @User Name .
    Are you trying to say 9/11 is day of Celebration, after you came in here crying and bitching about that hospital, THAT was an admitted mistake, to COMPARE THAT to 9/11?
    Wow, I wish you get CANCER in your balls and Asshole, and they slowly cut you into small pieces, and that one of those "evil train agents" punches you in your bitch mouth..
    GOOD DAY
    SOCOM42 and Chiefster23 like this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links