Get prepaired when it hail DU Ammonition! - Page 2

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Get prepaired when it hail DU Ammonition!

This is a discussion on Get prepaired when it hail DU Ammonition! within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Fuhq it, If you don't like the weapons of war, don't get into a war with us. We will win. Kinda getting tired of this ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Get prepaired when it hail DU Ammonition!

Fuhq it, If you don't like the weapons of war, don't get into a war with us.
    We will win.
    Kinda getting tired of this person, lately.
    Glad WE LIVE IN A FREE COUNTRY..
    SOCOM42 and Denton like this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

don't get into a war with us.
    Well sure why God put the American Oil under the Saudi Sand?
    How could he do this?
    WE LIVE IN A FREE COUNTRY..
    With the highest Prison Population per Residents.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Had an old chum tell about the Sabot Rounds used by Tanks mainly I guess. He said that leaves a hole in the bad guy tank and the last guy in the tank to get sucked out through the hole often leaves a boot stuck in the hole. Hope he wasnt fibbing about that. He had Tow Missle Launching gizmo on a Hum Vee back in Desert Storm. He had a lot of good war stories.
    Bigwheel, he was fibbing you.

A DU sabot will punch a hole around two inch diameter in armor, itself is 1-1/8" in diameter, and weighs about 10 pounds,
    the damage inside is caused by the incandescent fragments burning through everything.
    The fires will detonate on board ammo reserves and incinerate the crew.
    The APFSDS round when striking is like a railroad train hitting you at 150 miles an hour.
    If the round hits the glasis plate or the mantel the kinetic energy will rip the turret from the traversing ring, lower will go on through and destroy the engine.
    The penetrator weighs 10 pounds and muzzle velocity is over 5,000 fps.

Now the tow missile warhead works differently, it is called a HEAT warhead, uses chemical action not kinetic as the penetrator does..
    It produces an incandescent stream of particles before passing through the armor, burning it from the outside in.
    A HEAT round from a TOW, 105MM tank gun or a 106 RR, will burn through 26 inches of homogeneous armor plate.
    I personally have put HEAT rounds through a turret, and the jet stream burned through the opposite side too!
    One went through the turret wall then the breech ring, both sides, and the breech block, the spall cut 1/8" deep grooves in the turret casting interior.
    Firing the APFSDS were no less spectacular, one round hit the turret, casting gave way producing about a 10" hole in it.
    Either round usually results in a K kill.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 09-09-2019 at 12:20 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post

A DU sabot will punch a hole around two inch diameter in armor, itself is 1-1/8" in diameter, and weighs about 10 pounds,
    the damage inside is caused by the incandescent fragments burning through everything.
    The APFSDS round when striking is like a railroad train hitting you at 150 miles an hour.
    If the round hits the glasis plate or the mantel the kinetic energy will rip the turret from the traversing ring, lower will go on through and destroy the engine.

Now the tow missile warhead works differently, it is called a HEAT warhead, uses chemical action not kinetic as the penetrator does..
    It produces an incandescent stream of particles before passing through the armor, burning it from the outside in.
    A HEAT round from a TOW, 105MM tank gun or a 106 RR, will burn through 26 inches of homogeneous armor plate.
    I personally have put HEAT rounds through a turret, and the jet stream burned through the opposite side too!
    One went through the turret wall then the breech ring, both sides, and the breech block, the spall cut 1/8" deep grooves in the turret casting interior.
    Firing the APFSDS were no less spectacular, one round hit the turret, casting gave way producing about a 10" hole in it.
    Thanks for the true scoop on that. The old pal had all kinds of interesting stories. He went to great lengths to explain how in early testing on the Sabot rounds shot into a dummy tank with goats inside the animals disappeared and they finally found hair on the exit hole and figured out they had went out through the far side exit hole. It was a great story. Dang old Jyrenes like to kid around with folks. lol.

We could just make it easy. Get rid of ROE. You start a war with us, we will end it, quickly..
    Geneva Convention only applies to allies apparently. Forget the Geneva Convention..
    Let Admirals and Generals fight the war plan.. Not politicians.
    If we follow these simple ideas, no one will screw with us.
    SOCOM42 and bigwheel like this.
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    How could he do this?
    They are not trained monkeys like some people living in Germany's appendix.
    The Eighth AF had more targets to bomb than time to do them.
    They should have stopped only after the bomb dumps were empty, ours and the Brit's.
    I have to sanitize my keyboard after posting in this thread.

I am of the Christian opinion that God gave me the privilege of living here on the Earth, . . . "it is appointed unto man once to die and after this the judgment". Inherent in that scripture is that I have a finite but undetermined amount of time to live here, . . . to enjoy life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Anyone, . . . of any persuasion, . . . for any reason, . . . who attempts to shorten that time I have, . . . or to infringe upon my L, L, and PoH, . . . risks becoming grave yard dead just as soon as I can make it happen, . . . and I will use any and every means necessary to make that come to pass.

I believe the US should adopt that same reasoning. Had McArthur used a half dozen nukes on the chi-coms, . . . had we whacked Hanoi with one, . . . had Saddam been sent up into the atmosphere to come down half a world away as protons in the rain, . . . we would not be having the problems we have today.

Wage war with 5 times the ferocity as your antagonist, . . . the next bunch will think twice.

No, . . . I don't mean with poison gas, . . . or biological warfare, . . . but if we have tools such as DU that make life much safer and more effective for our soldiers, . . . use it. If the other guys don't like it, . . . they should have stayed home.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Steve40th and bigwheel like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    How could he do this?
    I think you should stay with the topic you stead of trying to troll Americans.
    Steve40th, SOCOM42, Deebo and 2 others like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post

Problems with the TOW . 1 to darn slow. 2 fly by wire you must track target until it strikes. 3. shorter rang than some other options 3.750 (Tow 2A) meters except over water and some terrain it will be shorter. They are fun to shoot.
    bigwheel likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Problems with the TOW . 1 to darn slow. 2 fly by wire you must track target until it strikes. 3. shorter rang than some other options 3.750 (Tow 2A) meters except over water and some terrain it will be shorter. They are fun to shoot.
    At the time it came out it filled a serious gap in anti armor weapons, with a hell of a lot more hit probability than a 106 RR and 10 times the range to boot.
    Sure as hell beat a 3.5 launcher and the LAW, MAW and HAW anti armor weapons.
    Like the 106 RR, you could bolt the launcher on anything that moved.
    There was a serious gap in the US to Soviet tank ratio, plus the soviet 100 MM gun long rod penetrators could defeat M-48 and M-60 armor.
    WW-2 gave them the expertise in penetrator development.
    That same threat is what gave us the A-10 Warthog.
    I was there in the Berlin crisis 1961, they were worried that massed Russian armor and mech. infantry would be rolling over the border.
    I froze my ass off for weeks in an OP watching for them coming, both their recon and main force.
    Our comm with HQ was a ee8 telephone and a PRC-10 radio if the wire line went out (cut).
    That was the time I learned to drink coffee black, lived on "C" rats and old WW-2 and Korean "K" rats.
    We occupied an old WW-2 German bunker that was overrun by the Russian hordes a decade and a half before, thought we were round two in that respect.
    dwight55, Smitty901 and bigwheel like this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links