Anti-vax movement listed by world health organization as a threat
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Anti-vax movement listed by world health organization as a threat within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; https://www.newsweek.com/world-healt...5jgmnj_kU9s0uU From the Article: The World Health Organization (WHO) has listed vaccine hesitancy–the delay in acceptance or refusal of vaccines despite their availability–as one of ...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Anti-vax movement listed by world health organization as a threat

https://www.newsweek.com/world-healt...5jgmnj_kU9s0uU

From the Article:

The World Health Organization (WHO) has listed vaccine hesitancy–the delay in acceptance or refusal of vaccines despite their availability–as one of its top 10 health threats facing the world in 2019.

The phenomenon has taken hold in a number of countries around the world in recent times, and notably in the U.S. as well. Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows that while coverage of most recommended vaccines remained relatively stable and high in 2017 for American children aged 19 to 35 months, the percentage who have received no vaccinations has quadrupled since 2001.

According to a recent study published in the journal PLOS ONE, increasing numbers of people in many U.S. states now hold anti-vaccination views.

“Since 2009, the number of 'philosophical-belief' vaccine non-medical exemptions has risen in 12 of the 18 states that currently allow this policy: Arkansas, Arizona, Idaho, Maine, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah,” the PLOS ONE study authors wrote in their paper.
    Last edited by Denton; 03-06-2019 at 09:22 PM.
    RedLion and Joe like this.
    [1]Survival: Actions I need to do NOW to live another 5 minutes to 3 days.[2] Prepping: What I do to insure my family makes it thru an adverse event lasting 3 days to 3 months [3] Seeds and livestock: What you need for long term subsistence.

Super Moderator

Many people have strong and varying beliefs on this topic. Should be fun!
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

WHO is a very progressive lot. Consider this always when considering any WHO statement or position. I believe like the CDC that many times politics weigh more in the objectives than actual science. Caveat emptor.
    Last edited by Camel923; 01-17-2019 at 06:51 AM.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Like everything else, sometimes I'm for it, and sometimes I'm against it.

I never take the "free" flu shot. I get symptoms of the flu because of the shot, so why bother.

However, if there was a shot to make me invulnerable to the murder attempts by redheads, I'd buy that med with my last pennies!
    stevekozak and Old SF Guy like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Like everything else, sometimes I'm for it, and sometimes I'm against it.

I never take the "free" flu shot. I get symptoms of the flu because of the shot, so why bother.

However, if there was a shot to make me invulnerable to the murder attempts by redheads, I'd buy that med with my last pennies!
    Gingers are soulless. You can't trust them, but, oh, they can be fun!!

While I can see this being a legitimate concern in the U.S. given that so many unvaccinated illegal aliens enter the U.S. every year, the bigger problem for the WHO is that the slaves are not doing as they are commanded to do by their lefty elite betters....

If nothing else, read the letter...
    https://www.theorganicprepper.com/as...tory-vaccines/

Peace,
    Michael J.
    Slippy likes this.

You can believe the world is flat but that don't make it any less close to round. You can listen to the nut cases and not get the shots but people are going to get some horrible results from it. I am old enough to have now a few people who's parents did get them the polio vac sad truly sad.
    My family has theirs so go a head don't get them get sick disfigured die. Have the heck at it . Good luck.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    You can believe the world is flat but that don't make it any less close to round. You can listen to the nut cases and not get the shots but people are going to get some horrible results from it. I am old enough to have now a few people who's parents did get them the polio vac sad truly sad.
    My family has theirs so go a head don't get them get sick disfigured die. Have the heck at it . Good luck.
    Look, vaccinate yours if you want to. Then they will be safe from mine, right? Just don't be telling anyone else what to do. Mine is none of anyone else's business. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    Look, vaccinate yours if you want to. Then they will be safe from mine, right? Just don't be telling anyone else what to do. Mine is none of anyone else's business. Thank you.
    It is not that simple. No vaccine is 100% effective, the reason they have worked as well as they have is because those who don't develop an immunity are rarely exposed to the virus if vaccination rates are high enough. If you choose not to vaccinate your kids fine, but don't send them anywhere around mine. Maybe we could have an isolated area for all the antivaxers.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links