Jerry D. Young - "Just My Opinion" on Pandemic Prep
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Jerry D. Young - "Just My Opinion" on Pandemic Prep within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Dan "Survival' Sullivan recently blogged on pandemic prepping - decent enough article in it-self & worth a read >>>> but it received a bonus in ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Illini Warrior
  • 1 Post By A Watchman
  • 1 Post By Illini Warrior
  • 1 Post By Illini Warrior

Thread: Jerry D. Young - "Just My Opinion" on Pandemic Prep

Dan "Survival' Sullivan recently blogged on pandemic prepping - decent enough article in it-self & worth a read >>>> but it received a bonus in the form of a comment from PAW lit author Jerry D. Young - another one of listings of just everything imaginable to be prepping for this particular SHTF ....

https://www.survivalsullivan.com/pandemic-survival/

Jerry D Young

November 11, 2018 at 7:59 pm

My Thoughts On:
    Sanitation, Waste Disposal, Medical Isolation & Death In The PAW

By Jerry D Young

This article contains my thoughts on several related subjects. Lack of some can cause the others, or make them much worse.

Part #1 — Sanitation options:
    Sometimes sanitation can be a difficult subject to discuss. I believe it is one of the top subjects that needs to be discussed, especially when it comes to a group that might just be in close quarters at some point it time. If everyone knows and understands the basics, the ins-and-outs, the nuances, and especially the absolute needs, life will be much less unpleasant, less smelly, and definitely safer from a medical standpoint.

Part #2 — Waste Disposal:
    If the sewer and drain systems are not working, alternative means must be found to dispose of what water is used for cleaning. Do not just dump it willy nilly outside. Determine an area where the water can spread out and soak into the ground at all possible, without pooling up. Try to find several alternate areas meeting the same criteria and rotate their use.

Part #3 — How to quarantine/isolate those that might be contagious:
    I will not be going into long-term self-quarantine in this article. Standard security precautions are the rule, and taking care of basic human needs for two weeks to a year or more are a subject in and of themselves. This article is just as the title states. How to quarantine and isolate anyone that could be contagious for the incubation time of the suspected illness.

Part #4 — PAW Burials:
    There will not be too many options for dealing with dead bodies, particularly human ones. If left out animal depredation will almost certainly occur. In many cases this can turn a normally benign animal, such as a family dog, into a man-eater that will go after living humans if other food sources are not available. And possibly even if there are.

Just my opinion.
    Last edited by azrancher; 11-13-2018 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Copyright Infringement
    Annie and Slippy like this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

JD is cool, so is Jerry
    Bucket-Back since 2004

Excellent!

Jerry used to show up here from time to time? (Maybe it was OTP?) Either way, a learned man he is.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Excellent!

Jerry used to show up here from time to time? (Maybe it was OTP?) Either way, a learned man he is.
    He was popping in OTP on occasion about a year ago.
    hawgrider likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Good article and eye opening. Much of this I have covered but he brings up points I haven’t addressed, but will soon.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

make sure to hit the link and read the entire "comment" by Jerry >>>>> it had to be censored for some reason and cut short from my original posting ....

again >>>> the blog itself from Sullivan is a decent read it self .....
    Caribou likes this.

half decent discussion article on some of the so-called "extinct" diseases that are starting to re-appear around the country >>>> if you didn't hear - a La La Land area municipal employee caught a Dark Ages disease ....

https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/tre...-modern-times/
    Annie likes this.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Crap old thread ... nevermind.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Crap old thread ... nevermind.
    Illini's linque is worth the look-see.

Sponsored Links