Morning Sickness SHTF
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Morning Sickness SHTF

This is a discussion on Morning Sickness SHTF within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; If you are experiencing morning sickness, but are on foot, what are the best solutions? I know hydration is key. So drink lots of clean ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Morning Sickness SHTF

Morning Sickness SHTF

If you are experiencing morning sickness, but are on foot, what are the best solutions? I know hydration is key. So drink lots of clean water at a steady rate throughout the day. Are there natural foods or anything that can take some uncomfortableness away?

I understand that some herbal teas can stop menstrual cramps, however they are dangerous if pregnant.

Knowing how to safely enhance your partners comfort level in a time of increased uncertainty and dangers will improve chances of maintaining defenses. A sick person in a group is a weak point if you are in a situation where you may be preyed on.
    MaterielGeneral likes this.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    If you are experiencing morning sickness, but are on foot, what are the best solutions? I know hydration is key. So drink lots of clean water at a steady rate throughout the day. Are there natural foods or anything that can take some uncomfortableness away?

I understand that some herbal teas can stop menstrual cramps, however they are dangerous if pregnant.

Knowing how to safely enhance your partners comfort level in a time of increased uncertainty and dangers will improve chances of maintaining defenses. A sick person in a group is a weak point if you are in a situation where you may be preyed on.
    Pretty good valid question. Even if your wife is beyond childbirth if you have a daughter it's something to really consider.

I am really curious as to the responses to this thread.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Ragnarök likes this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Any member of your home or group that is medically or mentally compromised during a bug out is to the detriment of the group. Everyone else will be slowed and they have to attempt to suck it up. A rickshaw like cart may help or hinder. If your have morals your not going to abandon family even under dire situations.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MaterielGeneral View Post
    Pretty good valid question. Even if your wife is beyond childbirth if you have a daughter it's something to really consider.

I am really curious as to the responses to this thread.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Some great sources for medical advice here. It might be good for the younger members who haven’t had kids yet to tune in.

People are all different too which makes this a tricky question. There are standard advise of adding ginger and other foods that calm your stomach into your diet. Although morning sickness is caused by hormones... I’m curious too.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    Any member of your home or group that is medically or mentally compromised during a bug out is to the detriment of the group. Everyone else will be slowed and they have to attempt to suck it up. A rickshaw like cart may help or hinder. If your have morals your not going to abandon family even under dire situations.
    No person left behind in my family. Ain’t gonna happen.
    StratMaster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    No person left behind in my family. Ain’t gonna happen.
    This is why we prep our contingencies for our compromised family members WELL in advance, as best we can.

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    This is why we prep our contingencies for our compromised family members WELL in advance, as best we can.
    Absolutely. Especially if they don’t prep themselves.
    StratMaster likes this.

Aside from morning sickness, dehydration from vomiting, profuse sweating (fever) and diarrhea can be severely debilitating.
    While water is a necessity, the body is also throwing off essential salts that will need to be replaced, too. This is a recipe from
    the World Health Organization for Oral Re-hydration Salts to be mixed with water and given to a sick person to restore their
    body salts (electrolytes). The second p[age also includes a urine color chart to help determine state of dehydration.
    Never give an unconscious person anything by mouth to drink or eat. They can
    choke/inhale it and be a lot worse off or die.

Obviously you can make up the dry mix ahead of time and store it a way that will prevent contamination or loss. I put it in a
    Ziplock bag and then I put that into Mylar bag I cut into multiple bags with an O2 absorber. The absorber might not have been
    necessary, but what the heck.
    Morning Sickness SHTF-who-rehyd-salts-.jpg
    Morning Sickness SHTF-who-rehyd-salts-b.jpg
    Ragnarök likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Morning sickness can be prevented if you know what causes it.

Prevention is key

Being one that has dealt with stomach issues for years I'll share how I deal with nausea.

Often times eating is important, I know sounds odd and the last thing you want to do, but keeping a little food in your stomach can help reduce nausea. Don't eat a lot as in a meal, just more or less snack on bland foods and often.

Coke is also a good one. I know 7 up or ginger ale is what they say and I'm not saying it doesn't help, I was brought up on that thinking. But I find coke to work better for general nausea that is not from having an obvious illness like eating lunch at Chipotle.
    Flat is fine but I think the carbonation can help. Remember to just sip it, chugging down a can of sugary carbonated acid is not going to help.
    Before I figured out I had become lactose intolerant I tried all the OTC stuff as well as the typical home remedies, but nothing really helped. I tried sipping a coke and it really helps me feel better pretty quick and clear the plumbing quicker. Same went for when I learned I could no longer eat red meat because it affected me much like the dairy.
    Replacing your electrolytes can also help, obviously if you've been losing fluids from either end it's necessary to replace them.
    Ragnarök likes this.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    Aside from morning sickness, dehydration from vomiting, profuse sweating (fever) and diarrhea can be severely debilitating.
    While water is a necessity, the body is also throwing off essential salts that will need to be replaced, too. This is a recipe from
    the World Health Organization for Oral Re-hydration Salts to be mixed with water and given to a sick person to restore their
    body salts (electrolytes). The second p[age also includes a urine color chart to help determine state of dehydration.
    Never give an unconscious person anything by mouth to drink or eat. They can
    choke/inhale it and be a lot worse off or die.

Obviously you can make up the dry mix ahead of time and store it a way that will prevent contamination or loss. I put it in a
    Ziplock bag and then I put that into Mylar bag I cut into multiple bags with an O2 absorber. The absorber might not have been
    necessary, but what the heck.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WHO Rehyd salts A.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	81963
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WHO Rehyd salts B.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	81967
    I’ve never seen a recipe like that before and the amounts in dosage too. Baking soda has another use.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links