Morning Sickness SHTF - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Morning Sickness SHTF

This is a discussion on Morning Sickness SHTF within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Another way to prevent morning sickness. Don't get pregnant. While I don't have to worry about this, it's bad enough to have a pregnant wife ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Morning Sickness SHTF

Another way to prevent morning sickness. Don't get pregnant. While I don't have to worry about this, it's bad enough to
    have a pregnant wife when the SHTF. But the idea of a woman becoming pregnant while the SHTF event is going on in
    earnest would scare the bageebers out of me. A few years ago I read an article from some "prepper doctor" who said that
    in 1970 only 5% of the women in the US had C-sections. In 1990 it went up to 20% compared to worldwide 19%. And
    today, C-sections are pushing 29.1% (CDC, 2005). The doctor went on to say that with C-sections becoming a common
    way to prevent women with medical problems from dying in childbirth and saving the infant, they are also allowing the
    genes promoting these medical problems and its need for a C-section to become more common. In the "old days" a
    woman with a most of these medical problems would die in child birth, frequently causing the death of the infant, thereby
    removing the women with the "bad" genes and their offspring carrying the genes. Now with the ability of women with
    these "bad genes" to have multiple children that will pass on this gene, and if a SHTF event limits access to doctors and
    hospitals, women with the "bad" genes could become a giant percentage of mortality rates after a SHTF event. I don't
    know if I would want to put my wife through this if she one of these women. But how do you know if a woman has
    these genes? About the only way that would give you a hint is if the woman has had a previous C-section. So it comes
    down to the idea of if you really love your spouse, maybe you should keep it in your pants for a while, or come up with
    alternate forms of birth control.
    Ragnarök likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

The pee color chart isn't accurate if the patient is taking any drugs in high doses daily.
    Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Can you be specific as to which drugs you are talking about? I take 1.5 Grams (yes, 1500 mg) of "Apriso" (brand name)
    and don't have any change. While I assume you are correct, it would be very helpful to list any common drugs that will
    cause a noticeable change in urine color. Or better yet, do you have a better chart?
    Since most people, including myself won't be on high dose drug after a SHTF event, this chart provides more of a general
    idea for lay people with out a medical background.
    MaterielGeneral likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    Another way to prevent morning sickness. Don't get pregnant. While I don't have to worry about this, it's bad enough to
    have a pregnant wife when the SHTF. But the idea of a woman becoming pregnant while the SHTF event is going on in
    earnest would scare the bageebers out of me. A few years ago I read an article from some "prepper doctor" who said that
    in 1970 only 5% of the women in the US had C-sections. In 1990 it went up to 20% compared to worldwide 19%. And
    today, C-sections are pushing 29.1% (CDC, 2005). The doctor went on to say that with C-sections becoming a common
    way to prevent women with medical problems from dying in childbirth and saving the infant, they are also allowing the
    genes promoting these medical problems and its need for a C-section to become more common. In the "old days" a
    woman with a most of these medical problems would die in child birth, frequently causing the death of the infant, thereby
    removing the women with the "bad" genes and their offspring carrying the genes. Now with the ability of women with
    these "bad genes" to have multiple children that will pass on this gene, and if a SHTF event limits access to doctors and
    hospitals, women with the "bad" genes could become a giant percentage of mortality rates after a SHTF event. I don't
    know if I would want to put my wife through this if she one of these women. But how do you know if a woman has
    these genes? About the only way that would give you a hint is if the woman has had a previous C-section. So it comes
    down to the idea of if you really love your spouse, maybe you should keep it in your pants for a while, or come up with
    alternate forms of birth control.
    If it happens she is not pregnant once shtf occurs I agree with you. It is best to be smart about things. But it could happen at any moment so every day it’s a gamble.
    paraquack likes this.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links