Is Healthcare in the US getting Better, Worse or just More Inconsistent? - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Is Healthcare in the US getting Better, Worse or just More Inconsistent?

This is a discussion on Is Healthcare in the US getting Better, Worse or just More Inconsistent? within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by AvTur I've lived under both the American system and also the British NHS. I personally prefer the NHS because it is free ...

View Poll Results: Is US Healthcare getting Better, Worse or just More Inconsistent?

Voters
23. This poll is closed
  • Better

5 21.74%
  • Worse

10 43.48%
  • More Inconsistent

4 17.39%
  • We Are Doomed

4 17.39%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Is Healthcare in the US getting Better, Worse or just More Inconsistent?

Quote Originally Posted by AvTur View Post
    I've lived under both the American system and also the British NHS. I personally prefer the NHS because it is free at point of use and despite the supposed horror stories of it failing, will give the care you need when you need it.

I appreciate many here will strongly disagree with my opinion for a variety of reasons, however having lived under both and seen friends and family with the same sort of illnesses and injuries be dealt with under both systems, the NHS wins in my eyes.
    Follow the money and have your answer. Who would loose the most money/power, government = politicians = lawyers. No law / bill is passed until the lawyers put their approval signature on it, which means how much can they make, and has nothing to do with helping someone getting treatment or getting healthy!

The problem with all health care is there is no real care, or management.
    Instead of saying what Mom said years ago, eat your fruits and veggies, and get outside and play, Doctors Rx drugs.
    We eat unhealthy food, dont play or exercise. Thats our problem.. Doctors, Nurses, fancy machines, AMA, none of it does any good if you dont reat your body like a temple, or to some, as well as they treat their cars.
    I have not had any real experience with foreign country health care, but Japanese like theres, romanians said they still needed to bribe doctors to get shit done.
    USA, best I have used..

You need a different doctor.
    Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

If Americans want good healthcare they need to get government out of healthcare, then the working can could afford it.
    Last edited by ekim; 08-31-2018 at 04:41 PM. Reason: spelling
    Steve40th and Annie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ekim View Post
    If Americans want good healthcare they need to get government out of healthcare, then the working an could afford it.
    And it would be every bit as good as it was in 1940.

No. You can't afford open heart surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    And it would be every bit as good as it was in 1940.

No. You can't afford open heart surgery.
    So the government has kept healthcare cost down? Only for those that don't work, on a government program, or are illegals in the US. If your are a working man the government says pay for it yourself and for those who don't / won't work.

I tried three times to parse that, then I decided to inspect my collection of dried belly-button lint.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AvTur View Post
    I've lived under both the American system and also the British NHS. I personally prefer the NHS because it is free at point of use and despite the supposed horror stories of it failing, will give the care you need when you need it.

I appreciate many here will strongly disagree with my opinion for a variety of reasons, however having lived under both and seen friends and family with the same sort of illnesses and injuries be dealt with under both systems, the NHS wins in my eyes.
    Until you have hoards of immigrants overwhelming the healthcare system but not paying into it. Then it all come tumbling down like a house of cards.
    ekim likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    Any system can be made to work (or at least limp) if you throw enough CASH at it. What's your tax rate compared to, say, a Yank who makes the equivalent of $70,000 a year? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you guys give up like half your paycheck at the get-go? Worse? I'd like to compare that tax difference to the relatively low monthly cost for the Yank's health insurance.
    Income tax is as follows:

Personal Allowance: Up to £11,850 is 0%
    Basic rate: £11,851 to £46,350 is 20%
    Higher rate: £46,351 to £150,000 is 40%
    Additional rate: over £150,000 is 45%

So you only pay more once your earnings reach that particular band.

As the $70k example, you'd only pay the 40% on the last $10k, nothing on the first $15k.

One of your own countrymen, Christopher Hitchens, always referred to your system as such: "The yellow fangs and shrunken gums of the British health care system". So while I, AS a Yank, cannot have the experience to form an opinion, there ARE other Brits who find the health care lacking.
    The NHS is far from perfect. It has a bloated management structure and yes, there can be waiting times for routine operations. However I know that regardless of my circumstances, I can end up in hospital and be given a decent level of care, regardless of illness or accident. All the while I won't worrying about how I am going to pay the bill or if my insurance will cover reason x.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Until you have hoards of immigrants overwhelming the healthcare system but not paying into it. Then it all come tumbling down like a house of cards.
    It's certainly straining the system. The bigger problem are our own native underclass. Far too many scrounging White British who have no ethic or pride in themselves. They pay nothing in and take all they can.

Social services can be good as long as they aren't abused.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links