Prepping for the Elderly? - Page 9
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Prepping for the Elderly?

This is a discussion on Prepping for the Elderly? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I don't prepare for myself...I prepare for my sons and my daughter. I am only 50 and my wife is 40...my sons are 28 and ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

I don't prepare for myself...I prepare for my sons and my daughter. I am only 50 and my wife is 40...my sons are 28 and 26 (from my first, late wife), my daughter is 14. I recognize that I am only going to be around for fewer tomorrows than yesterdays. I am good with that. But, my wife and my kids will long outlive me. I am good with that because it is by design.

My wife and I have the financial resources to prepare their future. That is what we've done. Don't foolishly think I will go without GREAT cost to anyone who would try to take me...but knowing they have everything they will need for years to come will let me go standing in a pile of empty magazines, empty brass, with a shit eating grin on my face.
    ONLY THE INFERIOR STRIVE FOR EQUALITY

IF YOU CAN'T BE SAFE...BE DANGEROUS

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ken S LaTrans View Post
    I don't prepare for myself...I prepare for my sons and my daughter. I am only 50 and my wife is 40...my sons are 28 and 26 (from my first, late wife), my daughter is 14. I recognize that I am only going to be around for fewer tomorrows than yesterdays. I am good with that. But, my wife and my kids will long outlive me. I am good with that because it is by design.

My wife and I have the financial resources to prepare their future. That is what we've done. Don't foolishly think I will go without GREAT cost to anyone who would try to take me...but knowing they have everything they will need for years to come will let me go standing in a pile of empty magazines, empty brass, with a shit eating grin on my face.
    If you're in good health and you take care of yourself you could have a good 30 years more to go. I bet your family wants you around. Cheers to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    If you're in good health and you take care of yourself you could have a good 30 years more to go. I bet your family wants you around. Cheers to that!
    I get that...but that's not the point of my post. If, and it is a big IF there is an "event"....I have prepared for them. If I last 30 days or 30 years, I am at peace.
    ONLY THE INFERIOR STRIVE FOR EQUALITY

IF YOU CAN'T BE SAFE...BE DANGEROUS

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Well, I'm 68 and I go to the gym every morning. Saturday is my day off, all muscles need rotation and rest.

From what I see, it's the 30 to 40 crowd that needs a little more aerobics and a lot less chocolate. The day after we were married my wife and I went to the gym, like always.

Super Moderator

I have an uncle who is 95 and still going strong. Chalk it up to good genes, clean living and he takes a long walk every day of his life.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Sponsored Links