Have you ever attended a prepper, survivalist or homesteaders expo event? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Have you ever attended a prepper, survivalist or homesteaders expo event?

This is a discussion on Have you ever attended a prepper, survivalist or homesteaders expo event? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; There's one coming up in Springfield MO I'd kind of like to checkout. Think it's in June. I figure there will be a lot of ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Have you ever attended a prepper, survivalist or homesteaders expo event?

There's one coming up in Springfield MO I'd kind of like to checkout. Think it's in June. I figure there will be a lot of camo clad Rambo survivalist types there, but they closed the circus, so why not go to see the clowns there instead?
    Just because I am peaceful does not mean I have forgotten how to be violent.
    If I am to die tonight I shall see that the night does not pass quietly.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Not a troll, a 12 Charlie)
    Hidden Content

We went to one sponsored and held at the Lubbock LDS church a few years ago. Not a lot of vendors, but the ones there had good info. Bought a #10 can of assorted heirloom seeds for $10 and got info on water filters. All in all it was good and would go back.
    Joe likes this.

Yes, twice both events in Denver.
    Come on you target for faraway laughter, Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine....

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I'm going Saturday. Kindy want to see how if anything good is there, or just the Rambo Commandos out for a get together.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I’m wary of a couple of things. One, is preppers being identified as a consumer group any more than they already are. One of the aspects of prepping is finding cost effective solutions to being prepared. The more “prepper commodities” are defined and marketed as such, the more they will become priced and access-controlled as special.

The other thing is that, initially people or a trend defines a market, but eventually the market takes over and defines the trend and the people who aspire to it… to the profit of those who drive the market. I want to associate with preppers who do so because it’s who they are, not because a market-driven trend says is cool.

As a prepper, I try to define myself by what I’m trying to accomplish. I don’t want to be sold to, consumer analyzed, mentally shaped or psychologically manipulated to be cattle-penned into an over-priced, market-hyped, sales strategy-constructed movement.

I think prepper expo’s are great for one group… merchandisers.
    Redneck likes this.
    Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart

@pakrat :
    But daddy....I wanna go to the freak show...

A lot of the reason is to see how much of what you said is true. I envision a hype market. But I still want to see what kind of people show up to buy what kind of products at what kind of inflated prices.

Yep. They closed the circus...but I'm still going to see if there are clowns.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I attended one years ago in Indianapolis.
    I been hoping they would do another one, but not happened.
    Missed out on a lot good stuff last time. Won't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    @pakrat :
    But daddy....I wanna go to the freak show...

A lot of the reason is to see how much of what you said is true. I envision a hype market. But I still want to see what kind of people show up to buy what kind of products at what kind of inflated prices.

Yep. They closed the circus...but I'm still going to see if there are clowns.

Well ..... please do tell, unless of course ya run off with the circus. Freaks, Geeks or Regular Peeps?
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

None around here that I have ever seen.

I wonder if the BATFags would show up and record license plates like at the gun show that they got caught doing around here.

Combine the two list, and the patriot act comes down on you for conspiracy.

Remember preppers are the enemy of the state.

To me there is nothing that would interest me, and I don't need some super survival widget to get me through the rapture.
    inceptor and sideKahr like this.

I was amazed at the people in attendance. My rough guess is that 70% of the attendees were over 50, and a good portion over 60. No one was really pushing any miracle widgets. A large selection of bags, medical supplies, fire starting gadgets that were basically composed of good magnesium and ferro rods in different configurations, and various methods of water filtration. No hype, lots of questions asked, answered, and lots of general conversation without sales pressure or paranoia.
    We are actually considering going back tomorrow to listen to a couple speakers that put on classes we attended today.
    I really went for entertainment, but it was, in fact, a good experience.

The most noteworthy thing I noticed was the number of blacks there who were asking questions, sitting in classes, and interested in more than just the snail drums for glocks.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links