Could You Build An Effective 72 Hour Bug Out Bag Using Only Walmart? - Page 10
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Could You Build An Effective 72 Hour Bug Out Bag Using Only Walmart?

This is a discussion on Could You Build An Effective 72 Hour Bug Out Bag Using Only Walmart? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Good grief......

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: Could You Build An Effective 72 Hour Bug Out Bag Using Only Walmart?

Administrator

Good grief...
    A Watchman, Denton, Annie and 2 others like this.
    “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Hi @Cricket
    Just circling our wagons, here.
    hawgrider likes this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

I didn't come here to be offended, but to discuss a lifestyle based on taking care of yourself and family. Things I spent a lifetime learning about. Some of which came from 5 years in the Corps and 4 years in the USARes. I worked as a Tool/Instrument maker and designer, I worked as a gunsmith. I have parts in your cars and house.
    What I didn't come here for, was to be told that some people can afford to shop at LL Bean, while those who can't are shipped off to Walmart because they waste their money on alcohol.
    What doesn't surprise me is that the judgemental, better than you attitude comes from someone who includes "God" in his signature.
    What does surprise me is that this site defends the bigot and belittles the guy who called him out.
    You want to stand in front of me, gloves or not, we can work that out.
    I don't take well to keyboard threats.
    Slippy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    What got GoneSouth61 so worked up?

And what in the world happened for GS61 to throw out that someone is a bigot?

Someone please explain?!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneSouth61 View Post
    I didn't come here to be offended, but to discuss a lifestyle based on taking care of yourself and family. Things I spent a lifetime learning about. Some of which came from 5 years in the Corps and 4 years in the USARes. I worked as a Tool/Instrument maker and designer, I worked as a gunsmith. I have parts in your cars and house.
    What I didn't come here for, was to be told that some people can afford to shop at LL Bean, while those who can't are shipped off to Walmart because they waste their money on alcohol.
    What doesn't surprise me is that the judgemental, better than you attitude comes from someone who includes "God" in his signature.
    What does surprise me is that this site defends the bigot and belittles the guy who called him out.
    And ….. he's back with more good will and words of wisdom, or maybe just the same old line. Aren't we the lucky ones?
    Slippy, Cricket and StratMaster like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Sure you could.
    Building your BOB from Walmart is better then not building a BOB
    Deebo and jimb1972 like this.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Let me try to explain, that sometimes, things get read wrong, or life affects the way people read, and take in info.
    No one here is a bigot, we just are a close knit family of like minded people.
    And, the gloves of wasn't a threat, just a reference that on this site, we "play a little nicer" than we do on our cousin site.
    Let me close with this "I like your spunk, I appreciate your service, I value you experience, BUT I don't like your attitude", does that make me not like you, NO.
    You came to our playground, and got upset with one of our most respected members, and expect us not to circle around him?
    Stick around, have a beer, let this thread "go away" and lets let the dust settle, and lets argue about some better shite!!!!
    Donnie
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Administrator

Life is just way too short to get hung up on the little stuff.

Thankfully we have a scroll button to move past those things/people that irritate us.
    Annie likes this.
    “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    Let me try to explain, that sometimes, things get read wrong, or life affects the way people read, and take in info.
    No one here is a bigot, we just are a close knit family of like minded people.
    And, the gloves of wasn't a threat, just a reference that on this site, we "play a little nicer" than we do on our cousin site.
    Let me close with this "I like your spunk, I appreciate your service, I value you experience, BUT I don't like your attitude", does that make me not like you, NO.
    You came to our playground, and got upset with one of our most respected members, and expect us not to circle around him?
    Stick around, have a beer, let this thread "go away" and lets let the dust settle, and lets argue about some better shite!!!!
    Donnie
    I concur with my good friend Donnie aka Deebo. Start a new thread about something that we all can sink our teeth into.

Now, for an insider tip for all of you wineheads here …. if you will send Deebo a PM and ask him real nice, maybe even say some nice things about him, he just might sell you some of his famous homemade jerky and ship it to you. Gotta get ya some, huh?
    Cricket and StratMaster like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Super Moderator

You don't shop at Walmart? That's fine. But some here do....You could start a thread all about doing whatever it is you do to prepare a 72 hour kit. I'd like that.

ETA: I have a lot of 72 hour bags for my family (I think 7 bages right now) and most of the stuff comes from Walmart.
    Last edited by Annie; 01-31-2019 at 08:24 PM.
    StratMaster and Cricket like this.
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Walmart has a lot of good stuff. Back in the sporting goods area they have a product called Stops Bleeding, and it does much cheaper than quick clot. I bought the stainless cook kit that I use with my homemade alcohol stove not too far from it. Right in the same area is the sawyer water filter in my bag, and the water proof plastic case my cheap Amazon night vision monocle is in.
    Annie likes this.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Sponsored Links