Rural vs Urban Survival - Page 7
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Rural vs Urban Survival

This is a discussion on Rural vs Urban Survival within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Maine-Marine so no answer to my points.... So who decides which cities survive and which do not... In the event of a ...

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Rural vs Urban Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    so no answer to my points....

So who decides which cities survive and which do not... In the event of a full scale EMP, financial collapse, nuclear attack... those HELPERS might very well decide to stay home with their families and not drive to the cities to help out there.

If there is a pandemic, who is going to rush to the cities to help
    You speak of nuclear attack, nation wide emp, you might as well throw full scale Yellowstone super volcano eruption or outer space alien invasion into that list. They all could happen but the odds are astronomically low and ultimately the only location that matters is being out of ground zero or the fall out area because city or country it doesn't matter if your in the way of either.

As far as rushing into the cities to help, it would be more like people rushing out of the cities to help the surrounding rural areas because most people including emergency responders, medical professionals, electrical workers, engineers etc live in cities or surrounding suburbs. Its simply demographics, most people live in or around cities these days. Your also right in that their going to look to their families and their communities first which would be whatever population center they live close too. Most local EMA, FEMA, National Guard, and or US Military infrastructure that would be used to centralize and distribute aid are located in or close too major population areas.

Do you ever watch the news after a good thunderstorm? I do and it always seems to me that when they read the reports of utility outages that city utilities are restored within hours or a few days while it takes days to weeks to restore power to rural areas. There's simply more ground to cover.

All that being said, I'm not trying to say living in a city is any better nor safer than living in the country during a SHTF event. All I'm trying to say your not doomed for living in a city and there are advantages. I don't feel the need to post the advantages or rural living as it's been pretty well covered in this thread and others. Take it for what its worth and have a nice day
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by NotTooProudToHide View Post

As far as rushing into the cities to help, it would be more like people rushing out of the cities to help the surrounding rural areas because most people including emergency responders, medical professionals, electrical workers, engineers etc live in cities or surrounding suburbs.
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    8301 likes this.
    Be a Berean

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    I don't care if you disagree with me or even point it out if I got something wrong but your post shows a lack of maturity and respect.
    Operator6 likes this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NotTooProudToHide View Post
    I don't care if you disagree with me or even point it out if I got something wrong but your post shows a lack of maturity and respect.
    I am disinclined to agree with your IDEA that people will be rushing out of the cities to help the poor country mice. You are correct, I do not respect your opinion and frankly find it to be foolhardy and willfully ignorant.

As to maturity, ok... if you think I am immature.. wonderful... but I am immature will sitting on a ton of supplies and living in the backwoods of PA.. na na na...
    Be a Berean

I live in a city of 14,000 in a rural surrounding area. Thanks for those who followed the spirit of the original post and offered insights and tips. My first plan, depending on the incident, is to head home to Louisiana. My parents are about as rural as it gets, in the land time (and Internet) forgot.

Retirement for me is at least 2 years away (I would be retiring early), and I see no sense in selling my current house for a more rural location around here when I know I don't plan to stay in this state after retirement. I have put serious thought into buying my retirement home before retirement so I have a solid bug out location if things go south before retirement. Since I'm starting late, all I can do is hope this crazy world (country) holds together a little longer. I'm not sure that's possible, but here's to hope...

No sense in arguing among ourselves. We all have at least one thing in common.
    acidMia, Cricket and charito like this.
    Instead of saying "I don't have time," try saying "It's not a priority," and see how that feels. ~Laura Vanderkam

Yeah, he's probably right. All in city will be trapped and destroyed while the country people will be unaffected. Nothing bad every happens to country folks. They will kick back, sitting around the fire with a sip of whiskey and shaking their heads. All will be well on the farm.

Banned

The country folk I meet are fat and have high blood pressure and diabetes. I'm not saying they all are like that, just all the ones I meet.

I'm thinking a lot of farm folks will be seeking medical care in the city........the big bad city........

Quote Originally Posted by Operator6 View Post
    The country folk I meet are fat and have high blood pressure and diabetes. I'm not saying they all are like that, just all the ones I meet.

I'm thinking a lot of farm folks will be seeking medical care in the city........the big bad city........
    That's why the have vet. No need for a city.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    That's why the have vet. No need for a city.
    Vets are great but are limited in Knowledge,equipment and medications. While some vets have nice facilities and equipment, I'd never let one replace a heart valve or reconstruct the side of my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Operator6 View Post
    Vets are great but are limited in Knowledge,equipment and medications. While some vets have nice facilities and equipment, I'd never let one replace a heart valve or reconstruct the side of my face.
    It was a joke.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links