Rural vs Urban Survival - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Rural vs Urban Survival

This is a discussion on Rural vs Urban Survival within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; What all must be reminded of is Agenda 21 which the libtards like O and HRC are lock step in favor of....with Soros' and UN ...

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Rural vs Urban Survival

What all must be reminded of is Agenda 21 which the libtards like O and HRC are lock step in favor of....with Soros' and UN backing.

One of the precepts of the plan is to move ALL the people into Urban "paradises", and only the Monsantos and similar mega-food producers will be allowed in the countryside, insuring that we have plenty of GMO foods to fill our bellies in the city, where we can be "controlled". It's not fiction...it's a FACT!

Vast areas of the country will be off-limits to humans under their plan. And... the move to the cities is already happening due to the manufactured housing crisis. It's getting harder and harder for people to buy or build homes, because the banks won't lend to them. As a result people are being forced into seeking out affordable rent...and that is often only found in urban areas, and smaller living environments. It's all part of the plan, and it is working!

Suburbia is under attack already, being alluded to as a 'fad' of the 50's that is coming to an end. Fortunately, that makes being in the 'burbs after SHTF a little more workable....with land to grow, and less of a chance of attacks....though not eliminated.

Eyes on the ball, folks....keep informed! They want FULL control.
    SOCOM42, sideKahr, wnlee04 and 1 others like this.
    This is the last US Presidential Election. Take notes and pictures for the great-grandkids.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by SittingElf View Post
    What all must be reminded of is Agenda 21 which the libtards like O and HRC are lock step in favor of....with Soros' and UN backing.

One of the precepts of the plan is to move ALL the people into Urban "paradises", and only the Monsantos and similar mega-food producers will be allowed in the countryside, insuring that we have plenty of GMO foods to fill our bellies in the city, where we can be "controlled". It's not fiction...it's a FACT!

Vast areas of the country will be off-limits to humans under their plan. And... the move to the cities is already happening due to the manufactured housing crisis. It's getting harder and harder for people to buy or build homes, because the banks won't lend to them. As a result people are being forced into seeking out affordable rent...and that is often only found in urban areas, and smaller living environments. It's all part of the plan, and it is working!

Suburbia is under attack already, being alluded to as a 'fad' of the 50's that is coming to an end. Fortunately, that makes being in the 'burbs after SHTF a little more workable....with land to grow, and less of a chance of attacks....though not eliminated.

Eyes on the ball, folks....keep informed! They want FULL control.
    I have a farm. I have my own equipment, hand and other. I have self defense. I owe NOTHING to banks.

Soros can go to hell with the Clintons. They will. SOON I HOPE, and SOROS Jr. too

Any of you that don't understand what I talked about in my last post (Agenda 21 and similar).... take the time and watch these.....

Oh.... and they are working to kill us....as soon as possible!

And a long one....but an EFFECTIVE explanation of what the HELL is going on!

Last edited by SittingElf; 09-09-2016 at 03:43 PM.
    Maol9 and Prepared One like this.
    This is the last US Presidential Election. Take notes and pictures for the great-grandkids.
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Rural vs urban/suburban, the arguments continue. And I still can't go anywhere.

Most of my life I've been on my own. Only once, for about 5 yrs did I have someone I trusted to have my back. He died when I was 25. I took care of myself before then and I have been taking care of myself ever since.

I am not one to sit and cry "if only this would happen then...... if I only had that then...". No, I will do what I can with what I have. If I'm killed, it won't matter then. If I make it then I'll know I did ok. Until then (like they used to say in the 60's) I'll keep on keeping on. I may be mid 60's but I'm still learning and using this knowledge to do what I can to make it.

Who knows the what, when, where, how or why. If I get killed, they will know they didn't get a cherry. I'm not ex-military, nor am I a badass. I'm just a person who learned how to survive. AND how to trust God.

When I go, I figure it will be kickin and screamin. Until that happens I'll keep working at it.

In a SHTF scenario, people living at the top floors of high rises may not be plum targets for looting for food.
    Who wants to waste time climbing up all those 15 plus floors of stairs, only to find the loot isn't all that much?
    And whatever they find, they'll have to haul all the way downstairs?

Time is of the essence for the mobs of looters.
    You'd want to be the first, if not among the first ones to loot a place!

If I'm a looter, it'll be more practical for me to go for single houses right away.....and nearby farm houses!
    Farm houses always equate with food abundance!
    I won't want to lose out and go later, when these places have already been picked clean.

Estate lots have good sized pantries, if not the picture of affluence. I imagine they'll be choice targets.

So, for those living in single houses and nearby farms.....beware, and consider the possibility that looters may not waste time going door to door in high rises.

For a lot living in high rise apartments, typically, there's usually only one way in.
    Have a good barricade, and fortification of that door. That door is what will stand between you and them.
    If there's nowhere to go....maybe, it's best to invest in a strong door.
    Persistent ones may try to go through the balcony (from the adjacents apartments), so that's another point of entry to watch out for.
    Chances are, no one will bother wasting so much time breaking doors down. They'll most likely to hurry out of there, fearing that they'll loose out on good stuffs as looters go from houses to houses. Imho.

Is that a practical assessment?
    Last edited by charito; 09-10-2016 at 06:05 AM.
    acidMia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    Rural vs urban/suburban, the arguments continue. And I still can't go anywhere.

Most of my life I've been on my own. Only once, for about 5 yrs did I have someone I trusted to have my back. He died when I was 25. I took care of myself before then and I have been taking care of myself ever since.

I am not one to sit and cry "if only this would happen then...... if I only had that then...". No, I will do what I can with what I have. If I'm killed, it won't matter then. If I make it then I'll know I did ok. Until then (like they used to say in the 60's) I'll keep on keeping on. I may be mid 60's but I'm still learning and using this knowledge to do what I can to make it.

Who knows the what, when, where, how or why. If I get killed, they will know they didn't get a cherry. I'm not ex-military, nor am I a badass. I'm just a person who learned how to survive. AND how to trust God.

When I go, I figure it will be kickin and screamin. Until that happens I'll keep working at it.

I hear you. You're never alone. God will always have your back - it may not be according to what we expect it to be, but He knows and will do what He knows is best for us.
    Remember, this world is simply a stop-over for us. This is not home.
    That's what will make a lot of us not worry too much.

We still dream of buying a piece of land. But, right now....living 7 blocks from Walmart is our reality.
    We have to make plans around where we are today.
    Last edited by charito; 09-10-2016 at 06:16 AM.
    inceptor and acidMia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by charito View Post
    In a SHTF scenario, people living at the top floors of high rises may not be plum targets for looting for food.
    Who wants to waste time climbing up all those 15 plus floors of stairs, only to find the loot isn't all that much?
    And whatever they find, they'll have to haul all the way downstairs?

Time is of the essence for the mobs of looters.
    You'd want to be the first, if not among the first ones to loot a place!

If I'm a looter, it'll be more practical for me to go for single houses right away.....and nearby farm houses!
    Farm houses always equate with food abundance!
    I won't want to lose out and go later, when these places have already been picked clean.

Estate lots have good sized pantries, if not the picture of affluence. I imagine they'll be choice targets.

So, for those living in single houses and nearby farms.....beware, and consider the possibility that looters may not waste time going door to door in high rises.

For a lot living in high rise apartments, typically, there's usually only one way in.
    Have a good barricade, and fortification of that door. That door is what will stand between you and them.
    If there's nowhere to go....maybe, it's best to invest in a strong door.
    Persistent ones may try to go through the balcony (from the adjacents apartments), so that's another point of entry to watch out for.
    Chances are, no one will bother wasting so much time breaking doors down. They'll most likely to hurry out of there, fearing that they'll loose out on good stuffs as looters go from houses to houses. Imho.

Is that a practical assessment?
    No it is not a practical assessment.

as for being on the 15th floor - one word FIRE!!!!!

The rats are not going to think about the farms until the local (easy pickings are gone).... coachroaches do not leave until everything is gone.
    Be a Berean

Banned

I think people living on farms will be prime targets. Not all raiders are ignorant, not by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Operator6 View Post
    I think people living on farms will be prime targets. Not all raiders are ignorant, not by a long shot.
    You think? The question is how long will it take them to head to a farm? day 1, day 2, day 3.

If the event is an EMP.. do you think they are going to start walking and hope to find a farm? Which way to go...

Most of the bad folks have never been to a farm and the vast majority will not have a clue on how to find one

sure, the farmers will have to defend themselves - but a few slippy pikes with craniums attached to the tops will send a message to the future

and frankly all raiders are ignorant.. if they were not ignorant they would not be raiders... check and mate
    Be a Berean

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    You think? The question is how long will it take them to head to a farm? day 1, day 2, day 3.

If the event is an EMP.. do you think they are going to start walking and hope to find a farm? Which way to go...

Most of the bad folks have never been to a farm and the vast majority will not have a clue on how to find one

sure, the farmers will have to defend themselves - but a few slippy pikes with craniums attached to the tops will send a message to the future

and frankly all raiders are ignorant.. if they were not ignorant they would not be raiders... check and mate
    There will be so many people the law of numbers will take over and farms will be found.

Farm houses burn just like high rises but faster.

As far as raiders being ignorant, we just have a fundamental difference in opinion. Jails are full of very intelligent people, so are gangs........SHTF raiders will be no different, some will be common idiots while others will be very creative and effective.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links