What Are YOU Preparing For?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on What Are YOU Preparing For? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; What future event are you (predominantly) prepping for? Are you preparing for just about any SHTF situation? Are you more focused on preparing for the ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: What Are YOU Preparing For?

Administrator

What future event are you (predominantly) prepping for? Are you preparing for just about any SHTF situation?

Are you more focused on preparing for the grid going down? Some sort of politically motivated civil unrest?

The apocalypse? Natural disasters? Why? Why not?

Being "not here anymore''.
    Prepared One likes this.

The most likely are weather related events such as severe snow storms. That was fairly easy. Working on long term tough economic times, emp and so on. Lots to do on the long term stuff.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

Regional natural disasters, grid down, civil unrest, food rationing/shortage, economic issues.

And snipers of course !
    SOCOM42 and inceptor like this.

Administrator

When I first started prepping, I was really just preparing for a rainy day. I wanted to make sure the pantry was always full.

Later on, following Hurricane Katrina, I started getting more serious about prepping for weather emergencies.

The last year though, I have begun to be more concerned about social unrest and what could happen when people decide they have had enough...
    8301, inceptor and Dirk Pitt like this.
    “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    When I first started prepping, I was really just preparing for a rainy day. I wanted to make sure the pantry was always full.

Later on, following Hurricane Katrina, I started getting more serious about prepping for weather emergencies.

The last year though, I have begun to be more concerned about social unrest and what could happen when people decide they have had enough...

Well, I have decided that I have had enough. Next is to wait until my God has decided he has had enough. It aint gonna be pretty.
    inceptor likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Banned

If you live in Texas a big problem was the flood of street gangs that hit Texas from NOLA. Very violent individuals that will start a gun fight over a wrong look.
    A Watchman and SOCOM42 like this.

I keep having recurring nightmares that the angry godless commie democrats will try to come kill old retired cops. Thats why our prepping is heavily dependent on good shooting irons and plenty of ammo. Few cans of Beanie Weenies..Sardines etc.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Operator6 View Post
    If you live in Texas a big problem was the flood of street gangs that hit Texas from NOLA. Very violent individuals that will start a gun fight over a wrong look.
    I was actually in Mississippi (out in the country) for a few years when Katrina hit. Even though I was a long way from the coast (near Water Valley, MS) we received massive damage and extended power outages from the storm. A lot of people who had evacuated to our area, ended up having to go further north, up to Memphis. In some situations, I was reminded of the goodness of people coming together in an emergency. In other situations I was horrified by how quickly people resort to looting and destroying each other. It was definitely eye opening for me...
    “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

I was actually in Mississippi (out in the country) for a few years when Katrina hit. Even though I was a long way from the coast (near Water Valley, MS) we received massive damage and extended power outages from the storm. A lot of people who had evacuated to our area, ended up having to go further north, up to Memphis. In some situations, I was reminded of the goodness of people coming together in an emergency. In other situations I was horrified by how quickly people resort to looting and destroying each other. It was definitely eye opening for me...

My wife is a native Mississippian. Grad of Ole Miss. If you lived in Mississippi you either rooted for M U or M State. What say you?
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links