What Are YOU Preparing For? - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Are YOU Preparing For?

This is a discussion on What Are YOU Preparing For? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; We are hanging out waiting for the pre Trib rapture of the church and stocking up on water..food and ammo..in case it is a mid ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: What Are YOU Preparing For?

We are hanging out waiting for the pre Trib rapture of the church and stocking up on water..food and ammo..in case it is a mid or post trib Rapture. Whatever is our fate..the democrats will find our shooting irons hot and empty. Remember the Alamo! Remember Golliad! What that should have taught is there are certain conditons which are worse than being dead.

West Side of the Lower Pennisula of Michigan
    My biggest concern and my starting point was and has been natural disasters. They come every year so to me it makes sense to prepare for what will most likely affect me. Now I'm starting to get more and more concerned about growing civil unrest. While the stats say we're living in one of the most peaceful times in our history, all it takes is a spark to light the powder kegs and my corner of the world will be the next one on the news.
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

Preparing for....

... a little of everything.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    -- The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security --
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Prepping for lunch, J/K. After being in hear a day, I am prepping for everything I can afford without going crazy.
    But Hurricanes are a thing my wife are prepping for..
    SHTF is always something you need to try to prep for, and but our society is falling apart and financial and structural collapse is always a concern to prep for.

Living in Oklahoma the original reason I started prepping was because of the high tornado threat during the spring and early summer. We can also have pretty vicious ice storms during the winter so there is always a good chance of losing power, getting stuck at home, stuck at work, etc. As the social climate continues to change I have found myself feeling more and more worried about social unrest. With one of the most critical presidential elections coming up and a feeling of uneasiness and fear has been creeping up. My wife and I talk about different scenarios constantly and she has bought into my "crazy" (her words) way of thinking. I read as much as I can and try to learn and perfect new skills all the time.

One of the best lessons I learned in the Marine Corps was that whenever you have a plan the first step is to make a second plan because plan A will almost always fail. I apply that philosophy to my prepping because the last thing I would want would be to be 100% ready for a tornado but have my house attacked by a gang of thugs who want some food.

It is better to be partially ready for many situations than completely ready for one.
    SittingElf likes this.

I'm preparing for anything that might rear its ugly head, or perhaps Hillary Clinton and the beginning of the new world order.

This year prepping for floods and food gathering techniques. Oh, also putting a Bunch of catfish in the freezer!

YouTube
    Hidden Content
    Hunter | Adventurer | Writer | Conservationist

Whatever may come that doesn't necessitate gas masks and tyvek suits. Living in hurricane alley we're prepared to not need to "run to the store" for up to a month. If life suddenly became a TWD episode or a Rawles novel ... well, nobody lives forever.

The collapse of the US.

The greatest advent in slavery was letting the slaves choose how to serve. It gave a sense of freedom. But most of us end up debt slaves paying stupid amounts of real money for money loaned that never existed. Check out fractional reserve lending if you dont know what that is.

The derivatives market is going to burst to the tune of 80 trillion plus.

The banking bubble of 2008 was only 2 trillion.

Good luck. The prepping season may in its autumn.
    Hidden Content Wouldn't it be nice.....

Quote Originally Posted by 1895gunner View Post
    This year prepping for floods and food gathering techniques. Oh, also putting a Bunch of catfish in the freezer!

YouTube
    Look at those cats! Nice catch! We have had really good luck with bass this year.
    1895gunner likes this.
    Hidden Content Wouldn't it be nice.....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links