Can We Trust The News Media?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Can We Trust The News Media? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; How often do you see a story in the news and immediately jump to conclusions about what you have read without knowing the entire story? ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Can We Trust The News Media?

Administrator

How often do you see a story in the news and immediately jump to conclusions about what you have read without knowing the entire story?

Do you believe there are any truly unbiased news sources left? Or, is most news written with the purpose of getting attention, good or bad.

Have you ever called out a new source for not reporting the full story?
    stowlin likes this.
    “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Most of them no. CNN, MSNBC ect make it up as the go. Yes I have called them out and they just don't care.
    Cricket and Joe like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I'd sooner trust my Kenyan banker. Soon as I send him $5,000, . . . he's going to set up an account for both of us with a little over 5 million in it.

We can both share the 5 mil.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Like gas station sushi!
    "In alcohol's defense, I've done some pretty dumb shit while completely sober too"!

With questions like these …. I think Cricket is just trying to stir the pot and get me all worked up. May God watch over any newbies and those darn stupid comments tonight.
    Last edited by A Watchman; 02-05-2019 at 04:54 PM.
    Slippy, Cricket and dwight55 like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Can you trust the news media?

Does an 80 year old man trust a fart?

No, none of them. Not even the few that seem to support some of my own beliefs. (FOX & OAN)
    Cricket and StratMaster like this.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

The Good Cop

Nope, not even Fox News.
    I do not watch TV. I do go to the various websites of national news, and realizing each has its own bias and agenda, try to reach a reasonable conclusion.
    For a speech or news conference, I watch videos on C-Span.org to get the unvarnished words.

With the new AI being able to twist videos of people we most likely will be lied to very often.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Can you trust the FREE PRESS?

Name:  tenor.gif
Views: 189
Size:  126.1 KB
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    With questions like these …. I think Cricket is just trying to stir the pot and get me all worked up. May God watch over any newbies and those darn stupid comments tonight.
    Actually, I was just kind of frustrated with the news today. I am so weary of misleading images and stories that don't tell the full story.

Today KSAT News (my local channel) posted the report on Facebook.

Name:  ksat.png
Views: 219
Size:  182.7 KB

Now anyone who vapes knows the story doesn't quite make sense, so I went to read the story and knew it made even less sense.
    https://www.ksat.com/health/texas-ma...es-in-his-face

So I researched around to see what other news reports I could find.
    https://www.usnews.com/news/national...e-pen-explodes

Now their headline was still "out there" but they at least told more of the story that finally makes sense.
    https://www.usnews.com/news/national...e-pen-explodes

The guy was using a mechanical mod which definitely has more safety issues if you don't know what you're doing. I have been vaping for 6 years and won't even consider using a mechanical mod. I like that if I space out and put my batteries in backward, my mod won't even turn on. My vape shop (and every shop that I know of) teaches battery safety and makes you sign that you understand. Ya can't force people to listen though...

I think my point is that very few people actually understand anything about vaping so they automatically believe what they read when clearly the reporter didn't understand the topic they were writing about.

Yes, I called KSAT out on their misleading image and report.

I think we can say the same with just about any topic out there. Sensational titles draw people in. They read it on the internet so it must be true, ya know?

When did we stop thinking for ourselves?
    “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links