Can We Trust The News Media? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Can We Trust The News Media?

This is a discussion on Can We Trust The News Media? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Cricket Then maybe they should advertise themselves as satirical news. Onions, Onions everywhere, but not a bit of news....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Can We Trust The News Media?

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    Then maybe they should advertise themselves as satirical news.
    Onions, Onions everywhere, but not a bit of news.
    Cricket and StratMaster like this.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

Its called a douche flute for a reason!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Check out this douchebag...this alone should stop most people from vaping, right?

"In alcohol's defense, I've done some pretty dumb shit while completely sober too"!

It’s sad enough that I can’t trust the media it’s worse that nothing is able to be done about it except turn it off.
    Cricket likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Short answer... NO

There is no long answer.... see above.
    Cricket likes this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

I quit watching TV four years ago, and it's getting closer to five. If anything, I just listen to the weather, and walk on by.

We get Fox News on our local radio station. Short, sweet, without the brouhaha. Hannity comes on later, and I read a magazine and listen until he repeats himself.
    Cricket likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

I trust the news media like I trust the used car salesman when he says "Trust Me". I check my back pocket for my wallet and then reach for my pistol.
    Cricket likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece

How often do you see a story in the news and immediately jump to conclusions about what you have read without knowing the entire story?

Do you believe there are any truly unbiased news sources left? Or, is most news written with the purpose of getting attention, good or bad.

Have you ever called out a new source for not reporting the full story?
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

help I need air .... Hahahahahahahaha!

I can't stop laughing Hahahahahahahaha!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

If you really want to know what's going on in the world and how to fix it, ask @Slippy !
    Cricket, hawgrider and Slippy like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

I've all but quit watching national news. I do still follow local news, they're better but they still are far from perfect when it comes to jumping on stories.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

How often do you see a story in the news and immediately jump to conclusions about what you have read without knowing the entire story?

Do you believe there are any truly unbiased news sources left? Or, is most news written with the purpose of getting attention, good or bad.

Have you ever called out a new source for not reporting the full story?
    1) I'd say on average about once a week I see a head line that points me in one direction, but then when I read it... the story was in a different direction. For example... on Yahoo Homepage they have paid sponsor stories inline with their regular news stories. More often than not, the paid sponsor stories are misleading.

2) Sadly I am aware of only 1 network that I've seen "real" news. The worst part? I can't always get reception of this network... so I don't get to watch it often but the news I've seen on PBS seems to be the most unbiased.

3) Yes. A local CBS station.

It's in my opinion that profits drive news. Worst of all, people who call themselves journalists are bought and paid for. Coming from someone who attended journalism school and has been an Associate Editor to 3 national magazines (off-road titles) it's very clear by the language they use in describing certain issues. The viewer is pointed in a particular direction without them even knowing. It's all very sad.
    Deebo likes this.
    Everybody seems to have a right, but who has any responsibility?

"It's better to keep your mouth closed and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" - Abe Lincoln

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links