Can We Trust The News Media? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Can We Trust The News Media?

This is a discussion on Can We Trust The News Media? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; P.S. Please don't turn this into a debate about vaping. I was only using that as an example....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Can We Trust The News Media?

Administrator

P.S. Please don't turn this into a debate about vaping. I was only using that as an example.
    “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    Can you trust the FREE PRESS?

Attachment 95425
    Nothing free about them, they are chained to ratings, ad revenue, and keeping people so scared that they watch enough to keep the first two up.
    Cricket likes this.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    P.S. Please don't turn this into a debate about vaping. I was only using that as an example.
    That story even made the radio news in Florida. And it was only a few second sound bite, basically saying nothing more than the original headline you mentioned.
    (I get bored delivering auto parts and sometimes listen to the radio)
    Cricket, Denton and jimb1972 like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

I was reading a political news story today. I actually checked the same topic on 4 different news media sites.

I certainly didn't expect the same slant on each story but I didn't expect totally different facts.

It makes it tough for people to have a clue what the REAL story is any more on ANY topic.
    Denton, jimb1972, inceptor and 1 others like this.
    “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Super Moderator

I read that story, this morning. Didn’t give it another thought as I knew it was erroneous. Surprised they didn’t call it a fully-automatic assault rig.
    Cricket and StratMaster like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Check out this douchebag...this alone should stop most people from vaping, right?

Last edited by Slippy; 02-05-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Administrator

But see, that is EXACTLY what I mean by CRAP news stories.

1. I don't know anyone who thinks kids should be vaping. I also know that when I walk into my vape store with my youngest daughter (turning 25) they ask her for ID before she is all the way in the door. (FWIW she is a smoker. She doesn't vape.)

2. Why did they choose a total douchebag for this story? Why didn't they speak to folks like me who smoked (HEAVILY) for nearly 40 years and tried literally everything to quit smoking? Within weeks of me leaving smokes and vaping instead my cough went away. Within a few months, my blood pressure was back to normal and I stopped getting repeated upper respiratory infections. For me personally, if I couldn't vape, I would be smoking again.

As I mentioned, I don't want to turn this into a debate about vaping. I want it to be about the fact that news stories manage to sensationalize EVERY DANG STORY for ratings instead of giving us a balanced story.

Why can't we just hear the news without any slant at all?
    StratMaster, Denton and Slippy like this.

Super Moderator

But see, that is EXACTLY what I mean by CRAP news stories.

1. I don't know anyone who thinks kids should be vaping. I also know that when I walk into my vape store with my youngest daughter (turning 25) they ask her for ID before she is all the way in the door. (FWIW she is a smoker. She doesn't vape.)

2. Why did they choose a total douchebag for this story? Why didn't they speak to folks like me who smoked (HEAVILY) for nearly 40 years and tried literally everything to quit smoking? Within weeks of me leaving smokes and vaping instead my cough went away. Within a few months, my blood pressure was back to normal and I stopped getting repeated upper respiratory infections. For me personally, if I couldn't vape, I would be smoking again.

As I mentioned, I don't want to turn this into a debate about vaping. I want it to be about the fact that news stories manage to sensationalize EVERY DANG STORY for ratings instead of giving us a balanced story.

Why can't we just hear the news without any slant at all?
    Because media outlets are a business and they want to make money. Truth doesnt sell.

Most media outlets were tanking before Trump was elected. But now that they can make up fake or sensationalized stories about him to sell to their base they are making money again.

Most are still in the toilet but they are making some money.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Cricket, inceptor and StratMaster like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Administrator

Then maybe they should advertise themselves as satirical news.

They lie like rugs . Pure propaganda rags. Bastards are just part of the deep state.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links