Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Resources For Emergency Food And Supplies?

11K views 36 replies 28 participants last post by  Eyeball 
#1 ·

What are your favorite resources for emergency food and supplies?

Do you make all your own food preps or do you buy some? If you buy some, have you tasted them? Any favorites?

Do you use specific companies for finding tools and supplies or have you collected them slowly over time from many different sources?

See less See more
#2 ·
Emergency food and supplies- pantry stocked, never enough, freezer full. Went and shopped yesterday, case sale (lots of peanut butter, and soup).
Food preps- buy and make, trying to eat out only on weekends (after kids sports). Dinners are usually home cooked, and individual sizes are frozen.
Tools- Huge garage, with a twenty years of camping and work, NEEDS TO BE CLEANED UP..

#4 ·
I can tell you that Honeyville Farms freeze-dried garden peas are great. As a matter of fact, it's not easy to keep it on the shelf for SHTF times because they are great to eat by the handful.

We have a lot of canned food that we rotate as best as we can. We order from boxed.com.
No, the canned food won't last twenty-five years, but it comes with water so it doesn't need rehydrating.

#7 ·
I have bought from Perma Pak and Walton Foods. The only drawback to Perma Pak is that they come to your home and let you sample the product. Perma Pak is based on 2500 calories a day per person. I personally bought a years supply for 4 people. Then got my bulk from Walton

#10 ·
#11 ·
Why would you have a 25 year supply of food delivered to your place?

Have it delivered offsite perhaps a business then you transport to your location . OPSEC.

Some things you should pay cash and not leave a record of .

#12 ·
I do most of the packaging myself as far as dry goods are concerned. I have bought a few buckets of Mountain House, Augason Farms and such, but most I do myself.

#26 ·
I wish I had something to offer for this section... but... my wife thinks my prepping is "hoarding". So, every week I typically discover that something of mine has been secretly discarded.... It's very disheartening.. But, I adapt. I've had to resort to purchasing 20lb bags of rice. We eat a lot of rice. So what I do is this: When she opens a 20lb bag of rice, I go buy a new one. This way, we always have at least 4 months worth of rice at any given time. Instead of stocking other food supplies, I've prioritized getting familiar with the local environment and wild edibles. This way, I can supplement our rice with local edibles if we need to. I've only been in El Paso for 5 months, but these are the things I've tried:

1. Prickly pear cactus
2. Mesquite
3. Yuca
4. Sotol
5. Barrel cactus

The prickly pear is by far the most prevalent and hearty wild edible in my area. It's a pain in the a$s to process, but it's worthwhile.

As for the tools, I get my antiques from thrift stores, pawn shops and flea markets. I get all my power tools from Lowes because they have 10% military discount and I get to park up front. Yeah... that's EXACTLY WHY I go to Lowes

#32 ·
She mentioned it was bad for those who have not had the opportunity to stock up. Did they not have the same opportunities as each of us but chose not to?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.