If you had to evacuate...
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on If you had to evacuate... within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; If a natural disaster were to happen in your area and you had to evacuate, how long would it take you to put together all ...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: If you had to evacuate...

Administrator

If a natural disaster were to happen in your area and you had to evacuate, how long would it take you to put together all your weapons and ammunition?

Is this something you are prepared for? Would it be a priority? Why? Why not?
    “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Super Moderator

Everything loaded in less than two hours.
    Slippy, MikeTango, ekim and 1 others like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Depends on:

1. Why I'm buggin' out.
    2. What the next weeks' weather forecast is.
    3. Where I'm buggin' to.
    4. How long I'm gonna be gone.
    5. My mode of transportation to get to where I'm going.
    Slippy, TG, phrogman and 5 others like this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Our camper trailer stays loaded so pulling together last minute essentials and pets for load out in the SUV is about 2 hours. We live in a semi rural area and a hurricane is probably or biggest threat that might cause us to leave. That being said we do have 2 bug out locations, (friends rural properties one 20 miles away other 550 miles), and they have our 90 day supplies of long term storage food, meds, ammo and weapons stashed away just it case.
    Cricket, Denton, Slippy and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post

If a natural disaster were to happen in your area and you had to evacuate, how long would it take you to put together all your weapons and ammunition?

If I am at Slippy's Place On The River Near The Lake, I can evacuate my firepower in less than 10 minutes.

If I am at Slippy Lodge, NOTHING will cause me to evacuate.

If the nuclear power plants about 5 of them north of Chicago on the Eastern Wisconsin border where to melt down that would be my natural disaster to bug out with everything.

Like everybody else it'll probably take me about 2 hours give or take. And that scenario I'm still trying to figure out where we would go. It would either be North to the upper peninsula or South East at Ohio and further south if needed. Probably at a campground or public land.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Denton likes this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post

All? Not likely.

A sufficient stockpile? A few minutes, as the ammo is categorized in ammo cans and firearms are within my quick stepping distance.
    Denton and Urinal Cake like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

I'd like to think we could be loaded up and driving away in 2 hours. If the wife helps me attach the truck and trailer (she guides me back) it could take 2.5, if I did it myself I think we could do it in 2 hours. One of my rules is that our vehicles never get below 3/4 tank of gas, for this very reason.
    Denton, diamondjim and Deebo like this.
    Everybody seems to have a right, but who has any responsibility?

"It's better to keep your mouth closed and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" - Abe Lincoln

The Good Cop

ALL my weapons and ammo??
    A couple hours and a U-Haul truck.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    About an hour

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links