Have your prepping plans changed over the last year?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Have your prepping plans changed over the last year? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Have your prepping plans changed over the last year? Why? Why not? Are you still preparing for the same scenario(s) as you were when you ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Have your prepping plans changed over the last year? Why? Why not?

Are you still preparing for the same scenario(s) as you were when you started?

Mine have. been wiating to move..so have been eat down some of the more perishable items

Wife said the other day.. "wow the food pantry is low, we will have to restock after the move".
    Be a Berean

No nothing new here. At least we finally got to put away the winter clothes and dig out the summer stuff. Makes CC more of a pain.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Joe

No changes here. Just added to what I had. still more work to do

Things are always changing. Since daughter #2 got married and moved out I moved prepper storage to the bigger bedroom and claimed it. If they come back somebody will be squeezing into a much smaller bedroom. I'll also be setting up my reloading gear on a big desk in the 'new' storage room. Hope to start practicing loading pretty soon.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

with an active POTUS not satisfied with the status quo - been following more potential international & domestic SHTFs ...
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Yes, all my prepper firearms are 22LR HV. I bought the compact version of the Kimber 22LR kit, four magazines and the hottest HV rounds I could find for the initial break-in and practice. I have a 10/22, but that will soon be joined with their breakdown model.

As for slicing, I went Bradford. I got their 3 and the 4, both in 3V. When you care enough to kill the very best, it has to be a Bradford.

...now if I only knew someone to polish them...

Preparation plans are about the same as they have been most of my adult life.

We keep a well stocked pantry of short-term, mid-term and long-term food stores. We have a substantial supply of sundry type non-perishables that we continue to add to on a regular basis as well as a lifetime of collecting tools, lanterns, fuel, equipment, useable items etc.

Having more than 1 home adds some challenges to our preparation strategy but other than that we continue to do what we always have done.

Oh, I almost forgot, we are looking at a few nice little firearm and ammo purchases but we just can't make up our minds...but...a boy has to have some goals, right?!
    Last edited by Slippy; 05-14-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Not really. Slowed down some on Firearms. Purchases now are something one of us just really wants, the needs are filled. Working more on reloading. Planting more fast growing trees for fire wood resources.
    Land improvements are done. I still think natural disasters are the number 1 treat short or longer term. Civil unrest number 2 brought on by political events and or the aftermath of natural disasters.
    Unrest could rise to number 1. Seems every week now someone is trying to get a racial incident on a cell phone cam with LE. All of them are setups. Looking for a payday.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I think my own prepping plans have changed somewhat EVERY year as I gradually learned what to store, what NOT to store, HOW to store and how LONG, yadida yadida YADIDA.
    This year? I learned that I have stored WAY more than I can rotate out, and that some of my food stores are still fine but need to be consumed. Me and my buddy here have been taking a few truckloads of food to the local Catholic Services, to be dispensed to needy families and utilized in soup kitchens. I look at the dollars I spent on that food as an insurance policy which had me covered quite well for a number of years.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links