Wear that red poppy!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wear that red poppy!

This is a discussion on Wear that red poppy! within the Fallen Brothers and Sisters forums, part of the General Discussion category; The end of October is nigh. Soon it will be November. No leaves, no light, No-vember, but our fallen we shall remember---on Veterans Day! Veterans ...

Like Tree21Likes
  • 9 Post By Annie
  • 5 Post By dwight55
  • 1 Post By paulag1955
  • 3 Post By rice paddy daddy
  • 2 Post By rice paddy daddy
  • 1 Post By Annie

Thread: Wear that red poppy!

Super Moderator

Wear that red poppy!

The end of October is nigh. Soon it will be November. No leaves, no light, No-vember, but our fallen we shall remember---on Veterans Day! Veterans Day will be here before you know it, so get your red poppy and remember to wear it.
    If there's no second amendment, they'll be no first amendment for very long either.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    The end of October is nigh. Soon it will be November. No leaves, no light, No-vember, but our fallen we shall remember---on Veterans Day! Veterans Day will be here before you know it, so get your red poppy and remember to wear it.
    Thanks, Annie . . .

While Veteran's day is designed to remember the living veterans . . . Memorial Day the departed veterans . . . the red poppy encompasses both . . . and as a veteran I just say "Thank You" and all others who remember.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Annie, SOCOM42, Michael_Js and 2 others like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I thought the red poppy was traditionally for Memorial Day. I doubt you'll be able to fine them for Veteran's Day.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    I thought the red poppy was traditionally for Memorial Day. I doubt you'll be able to fine them for Veteran's Day.
    If there is a VFW Post in your town, they will have some.
    Members may not be out in the public actively seeking donations, but the Posts have them.

The poppies are made by disabled veterans, it helps them earn a little money, and the donations support local posts.
    This money can only be used to help veterans in need, the Post can’t pay the light bill or spend the money any other way.

Our post does things like providing Thanksgiving meals to needy vets, materials to build wheelchair ramps, etc.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    If there is a VFW Post in your town, they will have some.
    Members may not be out in the public actively seeking donations, but the Posts have them.

The poppies are made by disabled veterans, it helps them earn a little money, and the donations support local posts.
    This money can only be used to help veterans in need, the Post can’t pay the light bill or spend the money any other way.

Our post does things like providing Thanksgiving meals to needy vets, materials to build wheelchair ramps, etc.
    I don't think there is, but even if there were, are you saying they would have them for Veteran's Day? That just doesn't sound right.

The Good Cop

I don't think there is, but even if there were, are you saying they would have them for Veteran's Day? That just doesn't sound right.
    We keep several hundred in our post canteen year round for anyone who wants one.
    There is no written rule that says Buddy Poppies are only for Memorial Day.
    Michael_Js and Annie like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

Amazon.
    paulag1955 likes this.
    If there's no second amendment, they'll be no first amendment for very long either.

Sponsored Links