World War II veteran
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

World War II veteran

This is a discussion on World War II veteran within the Fallen Brothers and Sisters forums, part of the General Discussion category; My wife lost her dad at 97 years old a few weeks ago. I just thought I would pay a small tribute to him. He ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 8 Post By csi-tech
  • 1 Post By 1skrewsloose
  • 1 Post By Prepared One

Thread: World War II veteran

World War II veteran

My wife lost her dad at 97 years old a few weeks ago. I just thought I would pay a small tribute to him. He was inducted into service from McEwen Tennessee. He went to recruit training in California then was stationed at port whainimi in California. He served aboard the USS Kenmore in the pacific in American Samoa then transferred to the Seabees constructing airfields, also in the in the Pacific. He was put to rest under a US flag and there is a Veterans marker at his grave denoting his war time service.

There are precious few of our greatest generation left. If you know a WWII vet, take some time say thanks and see if they'll share a story or two. They may well be gone tomorrow.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Great tribute! Thank you for sharing and RIP good man.

It upsets me greatly that (understatement) that folks do not appreciate those that have gone in harms way(knowingly) To give them what they enjoy today. Cannot give enough thanks for their service.
    Denton likes this.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

@csi-tech

Thanks for sharing the story of your Father In Law.

As we lose the last of the "Greatest Generation" we lose the last real history of the Great Depression and WWII, How evil men will always seek power and control. We lose sight of American exceptionalism and "can do" attitude. We lose sight of sacrifice, self sufficiency, and determined grit. Most kids think today that time period is ancient history and the Great Depression and WWII could never happen again. Fools, doomed to repeat history's tragedies.

Thanks for sharing @csi-tech
    Annie likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    My wife lost her dad at 97 years old a few weeks ago. I just thought I would pay a small tribute to him. He was inducted into service from McEwen Tennessee. He went to recruit training in California then was stationed at port whainimi in California. He served aboard the USS Kenmore in the pacific in American Samoa then transferred to the Seabees constructing airfields, also in the in the Pacific. He was put to rest under a US flag and there is a Veterans marker at his grave denoting his war time service.

There are precious few of our greatest generation left. If you know a WWII vet, take some time say thanks and see if they'll share a story or two. They may well be gone tomorrow.
    My son's fiance's granddad just passed away not long ago. He was on the beach at Normandy.

He didn't like the painting in my living room; the one of the two cats and told me to get rid of it, but I forgive him. May his soul through the mercy of God rest in peace.

Well said and great advice on dragging out some stories.

Sponsored Links