Financial Disaster Already Upon Us - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Financial Disaster Already Upon Us

This is a discussion on Financial Disaster Already Upon Us within the Economic, Precious Metals, Investing, Finance forums, part of the General Discussion category; What do you have that uses batteries? Out side of the remote controls for my TVs that aren't much of a priority and a few ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Financial Disaster Already Upon Us

What do you have that uses batteries? Out side of the remote controls for my TVs that aren't much of a priority and a few flash lights... most things "of interest to the masses" are rechargeable... perhaps a few car batteries, solar panel and an inverter? You could exchange time on the inverter for goods.

I always find trade in goods to be difficult. I've done it, but its basically a dollar equivalency exercise. That being said, I have some food stuffs and some bic lighters and other sundries that I'd barter with if I had to. I'm hopeful of the junk silver value

I wish I was more astute in finance. I know the basics and I am covered if the economy doesn't go to hell in a hand basket. ( 401K, savings, Cash on hand and the like. ) I have some silver and gold but not much. I have been stocking trade and barter items as well so I may get along. Getting into the stock market or buying silver and gold on my own just makes me nervous. I am always afraid I will do the wrong thing. That's why I am not a millionaire I guess. I more of a steady saver and cautious. I stay up on the markets and know whats going on but anything in depth is beyond me. Maybe because when I sit down and start to get into it in depth I am immediately bored to tears. I do know it won't continue as it has. It is a house of cards with nothing backing it up. It will eventually come crashing down. No doubt.
    A Watchman likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Prepared One:

To get a background on what we are talking about regarding currency watch this 5 part series: (this is #1 and then there are 4 following it). He runs goldsilver.com, but he doesn't really push buying gold or silver from him in the videos, its more about education. Mike has been around for a while.

Now that you have the background out of the way, if you're still interested in the market but don't know where to look, I'd suggest an index fund -- one that invests in the dow jones or S&P 500. You can easily follow your earnings on any news cast: when they say the dow is up, you're up... when they say the dow is down, you're down. Couldn't be more simple. Next I'd suggest you do what's called Dollar Cost Averaging. You buy the same $$ amount every month regardless of its price... some months you get 1, others you get 1.2 others you get .8... but it works its way out in the end. That's the absolute basics.

Next I'd recommend a book called: http://www.amazon.com/Will-Teach-You...you+to+be+rich. Ramit has an easy going style and he lays the info out in a straight forward manner.

But before you do all of that, Save up $1000 and then pay down all your debts. If you have to touch the $1000, suspend your debt paydown until you get $1000 again and start over. This comes from Dave Ramsey.

I'm not an expert, but I've done a lot of studying and research. From what I can see, the experts don't know that much either. Most 401(k)s are not performing as well as a simple index fund... and on top of that you have fees and early withdrawal penalties.
    A Watchman likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

reminds me of NASCAR.. you know there is going to be a crash..the question is when and how many involved
    A Watchman and 8301 like this.
    Be a Berean

You all know that a great chinaman once made a very simple statement and it's just as true today as it was almost 70 years ago. All power stems from the barrel of a gun!

Have all the trade goods you want all the gold and silver. No way to protect it - like a government with armies - then the first bunch you decide to trade with that want your gold and to keep what they have will cap you silly azz and go on to the next rube

The Good Cop

Gee, I sure am glad I didn't buy into the gold hoopla a couple years ago and put all my available cash into gold at over $1600/ounce when "they" said it would be $3,000+ in a very short time.
    Not when it's down to $1200 or lower now.
    In fact, I sold my silver coins when the silver market was the highest. It was all pure profit, too. It originally cost me only face value, back in the 50's & 60's.
    A Watchman, 8301 and Kauboy like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

It's simple common sense. Do you need a degree in anything to read the writing on the wall??
    A Watchman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Gee, I sure am glad I didn't buy into the gold hoopla a couple years ago and put all my available cash into gold at over $1600/ounce when "they" said it would be $3,000+ in a very short time.
    Not when it's down to $1200 or lower now.
    In fact, I sold my silver coins when the silver market was the highest. It was all pure profit, too. It originally cost me only face value, back in the 50's & 60's.
    I am buying back in. I started in 2003. Sold all in 2010.
    I am buying back in slow but sure.
    A Watchman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Old Man View Post
    You all know that a great chinaman once made a very simple statement and it's just as true today as it was almost 70 years ago. All power stems from the barrel of a gun!

Have all the trade goods you want all the gold and silver. No way to protect it - like a government with armies - then the first bunch you decide to trade with that want your gold and to keep what they have will cap you silly azz and go on to the next rube

Maybe, but you get your ass capped on a full stomach and in the comfort of your home and not on the streets. Seriously, but the same could be said for any preps you have. One should know to keep as low a profile as possible.
    Last edited by A Watchman; 10-31-2015 at 04:49 AM.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

This is kind of a follow up to the original link but here is what I gathered/added from the conversation on here, let me know what you guys think

3 Theories On How Society Might Collapse | TheSurvivalist

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links