Prepper Groups With 3-D Printers. Advice Needed.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Prepper Groups With 3-D Printers. Advice Needed. within the Economic, Precious Metals, Investing, Finance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Just playing What If here folks. This mind experiment requires a Prepper group or a large extended family pictured to succeed. * Assume some in ...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Prepper Groups With 3-D Printers. Advice Needed.

Just playing What If here folks. This mind experiment requires a Prepper group or a large extended family pictured to succeed.

* Assume some in the group have access to cash more than others.
    * Assume the group is most successful as long as the group stays intact and strong.
    * Assume the group has supplies for X Time period and the chaos in that area continues for more than that X Time period.

Now let’s begin to imagine.

First we have to recognize that in a survival situation all members are important to the group. To say that one person is more valuable than another is like saying one leg on a three legged stool is needed more than another. When enough of the legs have been removed the group will surely fall over.

This brings us to the question of “What is our end-game?” when our supplies do begin to run out?

Our group has a policy that when a member’s supplies begin to run out they are furloughed to an outside residence that we can support in all ways except food. But is there another way to continue to keep the group intact beside enforcing this policy?

Yes, I believe there is. Those with excess cash will probably survive the longest through the furloughs but may in time may realize their numbers are dangerously low and they may die with a lot of cash. Pity.

So how’s this for an end-game plan? Those with cash can invest in deluxe 3-D printers to produce all needed supplies to sustain the group. This would be better than the entire group perishing, right? Even the wealthy ones would buy into this as the end nears right? Isn’t this a good plan?

Now I know you are going to say “Silly, the Internet will be down.” But I really don’t mean a real 3-D printer. I suggest the wealthy ones purchase silver and gold at the current ridiculous low prices and as the chaos continues it will grow at astronomically high rates. An ounce of silver is expected to possibly exceed $1,000 per ounce during the chaos. (I am not here to argue the value, just accept it for this experiment please.)

A $100,000 investment today could be worth $50 Million after a year of chaos.

Now I know it would be dangerous to go out into public to purchase but a group can manage this problem much better than a loner can. I am referring to a time when the world begins to produce again and commerce is just beginning to crank back up.

Your thoughts? If you are a loner with a bad taste in your mouth leave it alone. I am trying to develop the idea and need honest input. Thanks.
    Slippy likes this.
    Our Survival Group Website: Hidden Content

Not sure why you're comparing a 3D printer with a stash of precious metals. Then say, "Oh, not a real printer... just gold & silver". And a stash worth "$50 million" may only buy you a couple months worth of food when inflation set in. Remember Germany after WWII?
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

BPH: Analogy was used to have one start with a clear mind first.

The costs will be immaterial. As the costs skyrocket so will the value of the precious metals. That is their nature.
    Another way of looking at it is Prepper Purchases today of $100,000 could be purchases tomorrow of $2 Million in precious metals at tomorrow's cost.
    They rise and fall together - like a balanced equation.
    The prices in Germany inflated because it was Fiat currency.
    Precious metal money inflated with the cost inflation. It was the only protection against the currency inflation.
    Last edited by jimcosta; 08-09-2020 at 09:43 AM.
    Denton likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jimcosta View Post
    BPH: Analogy was used to have one start with a clear mind first.
    Then why clog it up with a meaningless references to 3D printers? What's this "furloughed out to an outside residence that we can support in all ways except food" business?

BPH: Our policy is we will move members outside our group geographically and support them in all means except food. They will have to procure their own food when theirs runs out.
    Each member in our group feeds themselves. A member is responsible for his own food supply - he determines his own future.

"Then why clog it up?" Answer: My way of trying to get one to approach the problem with an open mind. The outcome would have been different if you knew I was going to end up with a combination of Chitlings, beer that tastes like horse pee and having to live with two Mother-In-Laws.

What kind of supplies are you picturing being able to print? I'm confused.

Paulag: "Now I know you are going to say “Silly, the Internet will be down.” But I really don’t mean a real 3-D printer. I suggest the wealthy ones purchase silver and gold at the current ridiculous low prices and as the chaos continues it will grow at astronomically high rates. An ounce of silver is expected to possibly exceed $1,000 per ounce during the chaos. (I am not here to argue the value, just accept it for this experiment please.)"

If "a member is responsible for his own food supply - he determines his own future", what the he11 good is this group? When a member of this MAG runs out of their own food, you're going to physically force them to move? Kick 'em out of their own home? Tell 'em to go pound sand until they're outside the perimeter? Doesn't sound like a very helpful MAG. What happens when they run out of ammo? Or med supplies? Or the ability to collect/filter water? Do they need to move just the same? What happens if you ALL run out of food? Or gold and silver? Or 3D printers? Or whatever it is you're driving at? Do you all just go your separate ways?

I still don't get the 'clear mind' angle when you just toss in a bunch of non-relevant items. Are we discussing 3D printers, precious metals, or food?
    Last edited by Back Pack Hack; 08-09-2020 at 10:33 AM.
    Annie likes this.

OK Folks, Ya'll win.

My purpose was to improve our group by eventually helping those that may run out of food supplies and be furloughed.
    We have the precious metals now. Just trying to figure out a way to use them in the event of a life or death end coming.

I personally don't think we can stop what is about to befall our country. It will divide up the land in areas of harsh control and pockets of safety, all mixed around the USA.
    We cannot control the whole process but we may be able to expand small groups to provide safety for others. Using the precious metals may be a way to sustain those lives.
    If we can learn how to do this other groups may be able to do the same.

But I made a mistake in posing the problem to the wrong crowd. My apology. I won't make this mistake again.
    Last edited by jimcosta; 08-09-2020 at 01:13 PM.
    Slippy likes this.

OK Folks, Ya'll win.............
    I didn't realize this was a contest.

......My purpose was to improve our group by eventually helping those that may run out of food supplies and be furloughed.............
    Who says we are going to be 'furloughed'. By who? And why? Maybe that's how your MAG is set up, but sure as he11 ain't the way mine is. We're sticking together, thick and thin, to the very end............

......We have the precious metals now. Just trying to figure out a way to use them in the event of a life or death end coming.............
    I'd think that's pretty obvious. You pay for stuff you need with it. Food, meds, ammo.... you know, that kinda stuff. I mean, you can't eat it, you can't shoot with it, you can't treat a broken leg with it.......

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links