Prepper Groups With 3-D Printers. Advice Needed. - Page 9
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Prepper Groups With 3-D Printers. Advice Needed.

This is a discussion on Prepper Groups With 3-D Printers. Advice Needed. within the Economic, Precious Metals, Investing, Finance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Denton I've seen that. We aren't dimwitted Californians. Would you like me to give you clips of the DNC as how Americans ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Prepper Groups With 3-D Printers. Advice Needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I've seen that. We aren't dimwitted Californians.

Would you like me to give you clips of the DNC as how Americans think?
    Well, we'll just have to disagree on this one. Outside of one's own circle, where we think people would of course know about the value of gold or silver, they just don't. Taking Cali dimwits out of the equation, I would say a walk through most ANY municipality would garner a very similar alarming response. Even those who KNEW it was valuable, would not have any idea just HOW valuable... $100, $500, $2000?... and therefore no basis by which to measure an exchange. PM's will be traded between the like minded folks, but not in general. If supplies are short, said supplies will supplant (temporarily) the perceived value of PM's in the general population as well. I myself am a gold silver bug... so if I'm wrong I win too. If it turns into a thing, I will benefit. If it doesn't, I will benefit when the economic collapse starts normalizing again.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jimb1972 View Post
    I would probably roll the dice and buy it. Keep in mind though for $2 on Wish you can buy a fake 1oz gold bar that looks so real most can't tell the difference, and I wouldn't bet on my ability to do so either.
    That's an absolute concern as well: Chinese fakes being sold on social media sites are FLOODING the market. Fake Canadian Maple Leafs, and Fake Silver coins which look like they came straight from the mint. Which is why I only trade PM's with a digital coin scanner and Fisch Ringers right there present. I won't buy/trade a coin now without a scan... far, FAR too many of the bad ones out there now.
    jimb1972 likes this.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jimb1972 View Post
    I would probably roll the dice and buy it. Keep in mind though for $2 on Wish you can buy a fake 1oz gold bar that looks so real most can't tell the difference, and I wouldn't bet on my ability to do so either.
    I’ll go by me and those I know. Can’t worry about other people’s ignorance of hundreds of years of history. I’m too lazy to care.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    Well, we'll just have to disagree on this one. Outside of one's own circle, where we think people would of course know about the value of gold or silver, they just don't. Taking Cali dimwits out of the equation, I would say a walk through most ANY municipality would garner a very similar alarming response. Even those who KNEW it was valuable, would not have any idea just HOW valuable... $100, $500, $2000?... and therefore no basis by which to measure an exchange. PM's will be traded between the like minded folks, but not in general. If supplies are short, said supplies will supplant (temporarily) the perceived value of PM's in the general population as well. I myself am a gold silver bug... so if I'm wrong I win too. If it turns into a thing, I will benefit. If it doesn't, I will benefit when the economic collapse starts normalizing again.
    Your municipality probably can’t produce abundant produce. Mine can. They are smarter than you can understand, it seems.
    Disagree at your time an risk. Be unprepared.
    Dr. Gregory House

Your municipality probably can’t produce abundant produce. Mine can. They are smarter than you can understand, it seems.
    Disagree at your time an risk. Be unprepared.
    *Wow*

I have plenty of PM's, likely way more than the average Joe because I have been stockpiling it for 25 years. So I am covered either way. Not at risk. Not "unprepared". Ready to go, and better so than most. I'm not sure just why your lip is out so far... this is just a thread where friendly opinions are being exchanged: it isn't a personal slur towards YOU. Just one opinion from personal experience which doesn't happen to agree with yours. So what?
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    *Wow*

I have plenty of PM's, likely way more than the average Joe because I have been stockpiling it for 25 years. So I am covered either way. Not at risk. Not "unprepared". Ready to go, and better so than most. I'm not sure just why your lip is out so far... this is just a thread where friendly opinions are being exchanged: it isn't a personal slur towards YOU. Just one opinion from personal experience which doesn't happen to agree with yours. So what?
    I’m sure you are but others aren’t and those groups like the ones in this local area (municipality was the wrong word. Reading the local news and posting at the same time crossed wires!) grow more than they need and will sell for silver. Silver might be more valuable for some than they realize.
    I’m sure the folks in this area aren’t oddities in that regard. Other regards, probably!
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Sorry @jimcosta . The hurricane is now headed your way and it is my fault. I bought a generator for my parents which caused it to be moe interested in the Mobile area.

I paid for it, though. I not only tweaked my back while unloading it but I also did something to my shoulder and now can't raise my arm.
    Dr. Gregory House

I’ll go by me and those I know. Can’t worry about other people’s ignorance of hundreds of years of history. I’m too lazy to care.
    Pull that stick out there Denton. I own precious metals and buy them from reputable sources like APMEX and JM Bullion, my comment was in regards to buying it from some guy on the street selling it for significantly less than spot price.
    Denton likes this.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

Interesting thread.
    My only comment is: Man plans, God laughs.
    Good luck!!
    Denton, Prepared One and Inor like this.
    Ready. You?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Sponsored Links