Investment question
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Investment question

This is a discussion on Investment question within the Economic, Precious Metals, Investing, Finance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Not trying to get into anybody’s business, but just wondering. Has anyone here already sold off all their stocks and bonds and gone to all ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Investment question

Investment question

Not trying to get into anybody’s business, but just wondering. Has anyone here already sold off all their stocks and bonds and gone to all cash? I’m considering this but still wavering. My track record and timing making big financial decisions sucks.
    Denton, bigwheel and Slippy like this.

I mentioned this months ago...

I moved all my 401K money from the stock offered funds into a money market fund.. I made the move when the market was going down and the DOW was at 28,xxx.... I almost got back in at 19,000.. but was scared.. it is now back up to 26xxx

Earning DO NOT support what is going on right now and most of the people that are smarter then me say that just a few companies are driving the up tick

I do not have cash in hand but it is in cash/ultra short term bonds in a safe harbor fund
    Chiefster23 likes this.
    Be a Berean

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Not trying to get into anybody’s business, but just wondering. Has anyone here already sold off all their stocks and bonds and gone to all cash? I’m considering this but still wavering. My track record and timing making big financial decisions sucks.
    I’m the idiot who waits too late. I’m still in.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I’m the idiot who waits too late. I’m still in.
    Me too, for now. The wife thinks we should wait till Oct. to make a decision. That may be too late.
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Me too, for now. The wife thinks we should wait till Oct. to make a decision. That may be too late.
    I’m thinking she’s right.

The Dems are going to back more riots and I can see states shutting down, again. I think the shortages are going to get worse as the weeks go by. Exuberance is going to fade a bit after the next Covid spending waste.
    Prepared One likes this.
    Dr. Gregory House

Cash seems to be going the way of the Doo Doo bird. Not sure I would want to invest in that if I had any money to invest. Guns and ammo seem to be increasing in value pretty rapidly,.
    stevekozak likes this.

Not running. Still buying some funds. Cost averaging over a life time. Not a weekend by and sell type. Select investing in firearms, copper,brass and lead when it is right.
    Slippy and stevekozak like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I sold off about a year and half's worth of expenses about 3 weeks ago. I expect a slow meltdown starting next month and culminating in October. So I will just sit in cash (making about 2%) until then. Then I will reassess with the notion of going back in.

As for the rest of it being lost... If it gets that bad, fiat green paper will be the least of my concerns.
    Denton, Slippy, stevekozak and 3 others like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    I sold off about a year and half's worth of expenses about 3 weeks ago. I expect a slow meltdown starting next month and culminating in October. So I will just sit in cash (making about 2%) until then. Then I will reassess with the notion of going back in.

As for the rest of it being lost... If it gets that bad, fiat green paper will be the least of my concerns.
    How are you getting 2% in cash? I would jump on that in a second if I could find someone paying 2% on cash or CDs.
    Denton and Slippy like this.

Super Moderator

I’ll say this for my laziness. My son tried to scare me into cash a couple months ago. My lack of action made 46% percent more. Of course, I can’t let lack of action punish me.
    Slippy, Inor and jimb1972 like this.
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links