Hoarding Bitcoin For When SHTF
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hoarding Bitcoin For When SHTF

This is a discussion on Hoarding Bitcoin For When SHTF within the Economic, Precious Metals, Investing, Finance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Bitcoin is another great alternative asset that does not depend on credit or the government to function. In the case of an economic or environmental ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Hoarding Bitcoin For When SHTF

Cool Hoarding Bitcoin For When SHTF

Bitcoin is another great alternative asset that does not depend on credit or the government to function. In the case of an economic or environmental disaster, given that cell phone towers will still be functioning, bitcoin is an excellent store of value and can be used as money just as easily, if not more easily than gold. I like bitcoin because it is fungible, limited and can be traded for literally anything on the Internet. It is simple to store bitcoin (if you have some) in a cold storage hardware wallet and keep it somewhere safe and out of sight like a vault.

The best places to acquire bitcoin in my opinion (with the lowest fees and dependable customer service) are:

My favorite method for buying bitcoin is with debit card or credit card or bank transfer (lowest fees), but you can also buy with just about any other payment method on LocalBitcoins and Paxful.

Good luck with that one.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    I invested $1000.00 in bitcoin one time, luck would have it ,I made $145.00 in about an hour, cashed out....... I don’t think I would invest long term, it’s to volatile.....JMO
    sjmartinez likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rstanek View Post
    I invested $1000.00 in bitcoin one time, luck would have it ,I made $145.00 in about an hour, cashed out....... I don’t think I would invest long term, it’s to volatile.....JMO
    SHTF I am going on the internet and spend my coins. Hmm I don't see that working out to well. Kind of like that gold stored in someone else hands. That just does not smell right to me. Pull the plug and all bitcoins gone.
    rstanek, paulag1955 and SOCOM42 like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Let me think about this ridiculous thread for just a second. Did I just read that right Bitcoin for shtf?
    A digitally controlled currency as a viable option are you retarded? Or just a little slow?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Chiefster23, hawgrider and SOCOM42 like this.

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    Definitely not for SHTF, I just dabble in it now and then....
    SGG likes this.

How can you hoard something that you do not have possession of?
    If you can't hold it in your hand-- you do not own it!
    Chiefster23, paulag1955 and Denton like this.

Me: Goes to computer to check my BitCoin balance.

Computer: Not working 'cuz grid is down.

Me: Tries using cell phone to check my BitCoin balance.

Cell phone: Not working 'cuz the grid is down.

Me: Turns on tablet to check BitCoin balance.

Tablet: Not working 'cuz grid is down.

Me: "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...................."
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Investing in Bitcoin for SHTF makes as much sense as investing in precious metal mutual funds.

Bitcoins suck (maybe that Squadis coin peddler feller to, but we will see) .... tell all of your friends.
    hawgrider likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links