Thoughts on a recession.... I donít see it!

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Thoughts on a recession.... I donít see it! within the Economic, Precious Metals, Investing, Finance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Lately, since the Russian collusion hoax has been debunked, we have seen the MSM go bonkers over “racism” and “recession”. For days now I have ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Thoughts on a recession.... I donít see it!

Lately, since the Russian collusion hoax has been debunked, we have seen the MSM go bonkers over “racism” and “recession”. For days now I have suspected that this “recession drumbeat” is just a bunch of horse shit designed to panic people and drive them away from Trump. Now I am seeing a few pundits saying just that. That the MSM and lying leftists are spewing this garbage in the hopes that people will become panicked and stop spending, which will then actually cause a recession. What kind of deranged people would actually hope for, and try to incite a recession? Obviously the lefties don’t care that a real recession would cause a lot of pain to us ordinary citizens. They really don’t give a crap about us.

But myself, I really don’t see a lot of evidence of any recession coming. Employment still seems good although some companies are laying off a few folks. I’m looking to hire some help landscaping and business is so good that nobody is returning any of my calls. The tariffs have caused some price increases. But I don’t see any real pain yet. Groceries are also getting a little more pricey. But that can also be caused but rainy weather this spring. Everyone is screaming about the yield inversion! So what? I understand It inverted for like two seconds! Big deal!

So I don’t see this big bad recession coming. But I’m just a dumb-assed deplorable, so what do I know?
    What say you?
    bigwheel likes this.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    It was just more fake news.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

I'm with you. More BS. See, for example, Kurt Schlichter's piece at TownHall today. Between I-5 & I-95 things are okay. And lots of places better than okay.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurt...erica-n2551857

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Just another losing idea by the lib/commies to get rid of Trump

The hatred for Trump runs pretty deep. The libs are using every trick they can think of.
    hawgrider and Marica like this.

What galls me is that these folks really are not smart at all. And they certainly have no common sense. I am acquainted with a woman (not a friend) who decided she had too many dresses and so she laid them out all over her house and invited friends to come and shop. She had duplicates! Over 100 dresses she wanted to get rid of-- and these were dresses she'd collected in just two years. When she and a couple of her friends told me this story, I was appalled. They thought it was funny. And these are very upscale, progressive folks. Sure do practice what they preach.

But conservatives are the dumb ones. Though, come to think of it, I'm smart enough to not buy the same exact dress twice.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    What galls me is that these folks really are not smart at all. And they certainly have no common sense. I am acquainted with a woman (not a friend) who decided she had too many dresses and so she laid them out all over her house and invited friends to come and shop. She had duplicates! Over 100 dresses she wanted to get rid of-- and these were dresses she'd collected in just two years. When she and a couple of her friends told me this story, I was appalled. They thought it was funny. And these are very upscale, progressive folks. Sure do practice what they preach.

But conservatives are the dumb ones. Though, come to think of it, I'm smart enough to not buy the same exact dress twice.
    Some crazy amount of dresses. What a waste. That sounds like a shopping addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Some crazy amount of dresses. What a waste. That sounds like a shopping addiction.
    I think she has a screw loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Lately, since the Russian collusion hoax has been debunked, we have seen the MSM go bonkers over “racism” and “recession”. For days now I have suspected that this “recession drumbeat” is just a bunch of horse shit designed to panic people and drive them away from Trump. Now I am seeing a few pundits saying just that. That the MSM and lying leftists are spewing this garbage in the hopes that people will become panicked and stop spending, which will then actually cause a recession. What kind of deranged people would actually hope for, and try to incite a recession? Obviously the lefties don’t care that a real recession would cause a lot of pain to us ordinary citizens. They really don’t give a crap about us.

But myself, I really don’t see a lot of evidence of any recession coming. Employment still seems good although some companies are laying off a few folks. I’m looking to hire some help landscaping and business is so good that nobody is returning any of my calls. The tariffs have caused some price increases. But I don’t see any real pain yet. Groceries are also getting a little more pricey. But that can also be caused but rainy weather this spring. Everyone is screaming about the yield inversion! So what? I understand It inverted for like two seconds! Big deal!

So I don’t see this big bad recession coming. But I’m just a dumb-assed deplorable, so what do I know?
    What say you?
    Rush said this morning..the New York Times is launchng a massive effort to convince dumb liberals that Turmp and his base are mean old racists...the country was rotten from the start and poor slaves built it all. What do those silly biotches smoke?
    hawgrider likes this.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Rush said this morning..the New York Times is launchng a massive effort to convince dumb liberals that Turmp and his base are mean old racists...the country was rotten from the start and poor slaves built it all. What do those silly biotches smoke?
    They must be smoking Labrador!

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links