Yield Curve Inversion & Recession
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Yield Curve Inversion & Recession within the Economic, Precious Metals, Investing, Finance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Afternoon all. I woke up this morning to all the news outlets screaming that the 2 yr and 10 yr yield curve has inverted for ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Yield Curve Inversion & Recession

Afternoon all. I woke up this morning to all the news outlets screaming that the 2 yr and 10 yr yield curve has inverted for the first time since 2005. Every recession for the last 50 years has been prefaced with this inversion. Typically it takes 8 to 24 months before the actual recession hits after the first time the curve inverts. Has anyone been reading up on this today? This is one of the top things on my "To Prep For" list, economic issues.

Couple that with the 8-24 month time frame landing us right smack in the middle of the next election cycle and I am concerned. Will be doubling down my efforts. A faltering economy and a heated election cycle could spell trouble.
    Denton, Slippy, Annie and 1 others like this.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

I am going to do the same thing I have done for a life time. Ride it not panic and vote. Why change a plan that works. Most of the experts are just try to push their agenda and use your fear to make a buck themselves.
    Joe likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I moved about 80% of my money out of stocks last week. My exposure will be limited until after the election or it gets so low I an't resist. I may miss out on some profit if the boom continues, but I think we are about to see some more hard times.
    Denton likes this.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jimb1972 View Post
    I moved about 80% of my money out of stocks last week. My exposure will be limited until after the election or it gets so low I an't resist. I may miss out on some profit if the boom continues, but I think we are about to see some more hard times.
    I started feeling edgy about two weeks ago. Parked most all in cash.
    jimb1972 likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

The overall "real" economy has been good but not great. I believe that Housing and Construction are huge economic indicators and we have not seen housing or commercial construction reach the levels that is needed. Part of the fake economy has been the fact that the Feds are still spending almost a Trillion $ more than they confiscate.

The medical industry is also a huge part of the false economic picture, using more and more of confiscated tax dollars. I have not bought into this economy being the "best ever".

So, I do not doubt that we are sliding toward a recession.
    Denton and Prepared One like this.

Since retiring two years ago I have greatly simplified my life. Other than a tractor payment, I have zero debt. All investments are very conservative with a significant portion in cash. The few stocks I own are all blue chip and pay reliable dividends. I only withdraw interest and dividends. Never touch the principal. Raised bed gardens. Water on the property. Coal heat with the whole winter supply already in the coal bunker. A small solar set up with batteries and inverter. Two generators with ample fuel reserves. Enough cooking propane for to last a year. Recession? I couldn’t care less. But I do pity others who are in a less secure situation.

I think the vast majority of this countries woes (including recession) are caused by the idiots in Washington who absolutely couldn’t care less about the plight of us citizens.
    Annie, Slippy, Joe and 1 others like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    I am going to do the same thing I have done for a life time. Ride it not panic and vote. Why change a plan that works. Most of the experts are just try to push their agenda and use your fear to make a buck themselves.
    That was always my Dad's advice (God rest his soul). He was a stock broker he said the best way to go is to pick a sure thing and leave it alone. Over time, it'll go up. In other words, no no touchy. I don't know for how long that'll still work, but he always bet on slow and steady.

I think the world just realized that the global financial system and its Central Banks are broken beyond repair.
    This may rock on for weeks or a few months, but it is in collapse. The Epstein story is simply covering fire, much like the Chicken or Egg riddle, to keep us occupied.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by jimcosta; 08-14-2019 at 03:51 PM.
    Denton and Slippy like this.

I am going to just pay off high interest debt I have , so I dont have that over head.. Other than that, riding it out.
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

US

$22 TRILLION in Federal debt and counting.

Student Loan debt around $1.6 TRILLION and delinquencies are rising

Mortgage Debt at all time high

Total Consumer Debt above $14 TRILLION with auto delinquency reaching highs...

Storm clouds on horizon
    Prepared One likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links