Trade War Gets Nasty
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Trade War Gets Nasty

This is a discussion on Trade War Gets Nasty within the Economic, Precious Metals, Investing, Finance forums, part of the General Discussion category; https://www.marketwatch.com/story/do..._theo_homepage OK. The war is on, whether or not we like it. What can Trump do? My only thought is to increase tariffs to counteract ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Trade War Gets Nasty

Super Moderator

Trade War Gets Nasty

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/do..._theo_homepage

OK. The war is on, whether or not we like it. What can Trump do? My only thought is to increase tariffs to counteract the devaluation of the yuan.
    stowlin and Annie like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Time for this war. We been getting scxx for a long time. Make them 100% I don't care on every single thing they want to import. Even if they ship it to Germany and then they sell it here. Same part same products .
    Denton, stowlin and Annie like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Let them slit their own throats. Maybe a 100% no China made crap allowed in, screw the tariffs.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

We are still a long way from a full-blown trade war with China. This is just a non-traditional way of both sides communicating their dissatisfaction with the lack of communication in the formal trade talks.
    Prepared One and Piratesailor like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    I took a beating on my stock portfolio last week and today, but I know as soon as this trade deficit gets in check it will be ok
    Denton and hawgrider like this.

The talking heads on AM Radio say the Chicoms are fixing to invade Hong Kong. That should get things heated up.

Neither side will win a trade war and eventually, after some jousting, both sides will come to the table. I would be more worried about it going hot over the North China Sea or Hong Kong then a trade war.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

The Hong-Kong dustup is a big nothing burger. The Brits gave the city back to China so the international community will do nothing even if China sends in troops. Now Taiwan is a different story. If China decides to invade this island, I think there will be a big stink with hard push back against the chicoms.
    Prepared One likes this.

Forgot about Taiwan. Another flash point. Lot's of flash points around the world.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

It would be hard to implement my trade strategy, . . . but my answer would be to make the tariff so the China price would be equal to 10% higher than the same product produced in the USA.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    rstanek and Denton like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links