US Tariffs? For or Against? - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

US Tariffs? For or Against?

This is a discussion on US Tariffs? For or Against? within the Economic, Precious Metals, Investing, Finance forums, part of the General Discussion category; I back Trump on this . It is long over due, we need to take a long view of things....

Poll: Are you FOR or AGAINST US Tariffs on Foreign Goods?

This poll will close on 05-24-2019 at 09:36 AM Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: US Tariffs? For or Against?

I back Trump on this . It is long over due, we need to take a long view of things.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    I looked it up and you have something there. It’s strange how the cost of living is way more than the income earned.

There’s no way that is an accurate cost of living for average Vietnamese. I think that may be what a westerner would spend there in a month. Check out more sources and compare them.

I visited Thailand for 2 weeks a couple years ago and the cost of everything was very low. I got many meals for about $1. Vietnam is cheaper than Thailand.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

I'm for reciprocity. Every country cheats us. We have a 10 dollar widget. If that 10 dollar widget is produced anywhere except the United States. Typically, there may or not be a small percentage import duties, Then the 10 dollar widget cost $1.07. After this it's shipped to a warehouse to be resold. There is another 30% in internal costs. Now the $10.00 widget has a cost of $4.07 and this makes $5.93 cents profit. This where things start getting interesting.

This same $10.00 widget is produced in the US for sale in China. This $10.00 widget costs $5.00 to produce. Now when you try to sell it in China. You have a choice of strict limits to the amount for widgets you can sell in the country with a incoming tax of 25% to 50%. Then if you try to register the intellectual property. You have to sell 50% of your company to someone in China. Either way whether you register or not. Your widget will show up on the open market with a different name in 6 months.

Now lets get back to the $10.00 widget that it costs you $5.00 to produce. You try to sell it in China and now of the $5.00 dollar profit you get to keep. Between $2.50 and nothing. Because the rest of your profit is going to Chinese Government. Then you get to watch your patented widget get produced and sold in China for $5.00 each and sold on Ebay for $5.00 each.

Yes. I'm for tariffs until everyone honors our patents, allows the same amount of cars into their country as we allow into the US, if they put a 10% tariff on our goods, then we should have the same tariff on their goods, and stop subsidizing industries.
    Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best
    Worry about the things you can control, Plan for the things you can't

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

US Tariffs? For or Against?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    There’s no way that is an accurate cost of living for average Vietnamese. I think that may be what a westerner would spend there in a month. Check out more sources and compare them.

I visited Thailand for 2 weeks a couple years ago and the cost of everything was very low. I got many meals for about $1. Vietnam is cheaper than Thailand.
    You are correct in the assertion that it is a westerner’s cost of living. To be more specific, it is a western retiree.

With that said, why does it cost 2.8 to 4.7 times the cost of a native for a westerner? Does the native simply live like an animal therefore not requiring the additional cash that the westerner needs?

In all reality, if someone only needs $148 to $500 per month to live, I could sell my house and combine it with retirement /savings and live there for several centuries.

https://alittleadrift.com/cost-of-living/vietnam/
    Last edited by KUSA; 05-15-2019 at 07:53 PM.
    Denton likes this.

I am 1000% for the tariffs! Yes, that is right: 10 times more for them than that weak-opinioned Slippy!!
    Slippy likes this.

I remember when was on ship (USS Vancouver) I was chatting with a Senior Chief.. he said his brother was a Doctor in the Philippines.. and he made more money in the Navy then his brother did as a doctor
    Be a Berean

We do business with them because we both become rich in the process. Supply and demand.
    The world is evolving. We need to evolve at a rate superior to that of China to beat them. So saying you are for anything that is juxtaposed to what China comes up with is not in our best interest regarding positioning.
    They use slave labor, so the laws of economics do not work in this instance; the free market is not at work here, when it comes to America and China.
    Just like it is not at work when the Mexicans & El Salvadorians come here; and cut the wage's by half, and sleep 6 to a house; and are churls to boot.

You are not paying attention friend, the situation is dire, and getting worse; and you sound like a 1990's Republican, who touted "free trade", and "the market".
    They were ideologues, and I listened to them, but now I have turned that stuff off. Free trade for the sake of free trade, is a shibboleth, and vacuous.
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 05-18-2019 at 03:30 PM.
    Slippy likes this.
    A DECLARATION OF THE RIGHTS OF THE INHABITANTS OF THE COMMONWEALTH, OR STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA:: [Pennsylvaia was a very different place then, just look at Philly today, compared to 1776 AD.]
    [And it is regrettable that their original confrontational ways, about how government should work, has been lost.]

VI. That those who are employed in the legislative and executive business of the State, may be restrained from oppression, the people have a right, at such periods as they may think proper, to reduce their public officers to a private station, and supply the vacancies by certain and regular elections.
    [Hidden Content

Trump is right --as usual--
    These tariffs are a drop in the bucket.

MAGA

The US should fund its government more through tariffs and other countries do the same. Encourage self reliance it’s cheaper, creates less tension, and better for all. Tariff it up slowly but continuously until industry responds by making what they need in country.
    Denton and Slippy like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links