US Tariffs? For or Against? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

US Tariffs? For or Against?

This is a discussion on US Tariffs? For or Against? within the Economic, Precious Metals, Investing, Finance forums, part of the General Discussion category; I was in Lowes this morning for some electrical supplies. While there I looked at small air compressors. I need one for putting air in ...

Poll: Are you FOR or AGAINST US Tariffs on Foreign Goods?

This poll will close on 05-24-2019 at 09:36 AM Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: US Tariffs? For or Against?

I was in Lowes this morning for some electrical supplies. While there I looked at small air compressors. I need one for putting air in my tires and blowing air for parts cleaning. Every compressor there was foreign made. Every one I looked at came from China. Hopefully, this nonsense will stop.

Charge the Chi Com's a 100% tariff, they deserve it, and I don't know why we do business with them.
    Slippy likes this.
    A DECLARATION OF THE RIGHTS OF THE INHABITANTS OF THE COMMONWEALTH, OR STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA:: [Pennsylvaia was a very different place then, just look at Philly today, compared to 1776 AD.]
    [And it is regrettable that their original confrontational ways, about how government should work, has been lost.]

VI. That those who are employed in the legislative and executive business of the State, may be restrained from oppression, the people have a right, at such periods as they may think proper, to reduce their public officers to a private station, and supply the vacancies by certain and regular elections.
    [Hidden Content

Half mile west of where Jesus left His sandals.
    I am in manufacturing and agriculture. The talking heads say this will be bad in our industries. T-Man says full steam ahead. rolling over to the chinks hasn't done us well yet...
    Annie, Chiefster23, Slippy and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Tariffs: The Taxes That Made America Great

That the Smoot-Hawley Tariff caused the Depression of the 1930s is a New Deal myth in which America’s schoolchildren have been indoctrinated for decades. The Depression began with the crash of the stock market in 1929, nine months before Smoot-Hawley became law. The real villain: The Federal Reserve…

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    Tariffs mean we might pay more but it keeps thing sin line with what it could be made for in America

IE - helps American companies that are trying to compete against countries that allow $1 per hour and a bowl, of rice

I am for some (most) but not all...

$1 in Vietnam is not a dollar in the United States.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

I am for tariffs mainly because our previous president was a weak b...h, and a little compensation is in order. I like what Kauboy said, and agree with him for the most part. However, I would take caution with the Chinese because they have been around a lot longer than us as far as nations go, and there is are reasons for that... One being long game is more important than short. The game is not missed by Chinese leaders. It is missed by us often now days.
    inceptor and Joe like this.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    I generally don’t support tariffs but since the trade deals are so slanted, I support them.
    Name:  72190823.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  94.0 KB
    KUSA likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    I am for tariffs mainly because our previous president was a weak b...h, and a little compensation is in order. I like what Kauboy said, and agree with him for the most part. However, I would take caution with the Chinese because they have been around a lot longer than us as far as nations go, and there is are reasons for that... One being long game is more important than short. The game is not missed by Chinese leaders. It is missed by us often now days.
    You may be mistaking the current Chinese power structure with their days of old.
    Communism took hold in that country only 70 or so years ago. They're infants by historical standards. Their ancestors wouldn't recognize them now.
    The U.S. is the second still-standing country to have maintained a steady and unchanged form of government going on 243 years now. The only other is a 30sq. mi. "micro-state" in Italy, lasting 400+ years.
    We'll outlast the red Chinese.
    They'll be red, white, and blue within the century, just you wait.
    Chiefster23 likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    You may be mistaking the current Chinese power structure with their days of old.
    Communism took hold in that country only 70 or so years ago. They're infants by historical standards. Their ancestors wouldn't recognize them now.
    The U.S. is the second still-standing country to have maintained a steady and unchanged form of government going on 243 years now. The only other is a 30sq. mi. "micro-state" in Italy, lasting 400+ years.
    We'll outlast the red Chinese.
    They'll be red, white, and blue within the century, just you wait.
    Good point.

Some things never change despite what form of government presides. The cunning take on many faces. Communism is no exception. That is precisely why communism is not a feasible form of government. It is a godly thought, yet we are not perfect.
    Kauboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    $1 in Vietnam is not a dollar in the United States.
    sure what you are talking about... did I miss something..................

$1 american is $1 every where... what it buys may change but a buck is a buck
    Be a Berean

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links